Virtual Pool Mobile - Smartphone Release is Here!

Guest vpmobile

Guest mavisdavis

When I go to purchase through your website it only alows the pocket pc version in the product list when I click purchase ???

[EDIT]

Found it scroll right down to the bottom of the page guys.

Where do we get the 20% off option?? ( Im so tight :D ) Right guys I've been playing this for an hour now and I've promised vpmobile I'd big up this game. So if you want your mates to throw away thier rubbish Nokia phones then buy Virtual Pool and show them. IT ROCKS. Thanks to vpmobie for getting it released and It's worth the extra money. Trust me. :D

Edited by mavisdavis

Guest jackofall
CAUTION : forget about doing anything else after you've bought this game  :exclaim:  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nope deffinately a relationship ruiner this one :D

Guest Phil Lee

It would be nice to know how we can get the promised 20% off. I've just bought Papyrus using their beta testers discount and I'd really like to do the same for Virtual Pool (I have got a wedding to pay for so need as many discounts as I can get :D)

Nope deffinately a relationship ruiner this one :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My girl started yelling at me a few times about me spending too much time with this game :D

and indeed this game impresses a lot of people! showed it to some friends of mine and after their mouths fell to the floor some said "now I'm deffinatly gonna get me a smartphone!!"

Pigo

Edited by Pigo

Guest vpmobile
would love to know...

1. how many people worked on the conversion from PC

2. and how long did it take.

who knows....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The credits are in the 'About'. All of those people worked on the conversion... however, the guts of the conversion took 1 Programmer about 18 months. It wouldn't have been that long but the graphics engine is 100% new and custom for the PocketPC and Smartphone.

Guest Stomski

I would buy this, but my understanding is that it lacks UK rules. Will it be another 18 months before a version with a mode to support this is released?

Guest Baadsha

hi there

just would like to know how long it took to recieve the reg code

i bought he game today am and have received no code.

can some1 please help me out.

desperate to paly the game. loved the beta.

I would buy this, but my understanding is that it lacks UK rules.  Will it be another 18 months before a version with a mode to support this is released?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

At this point I would just like to add my quick review. I have been helping the guys at Celeris sort out the C500 compatibilty so I have had the final version for just over a day and a bit now.

The first thing I would like to say is I wish we had more Smartphone games of this quality. I think many of us have known for a while you could get console quality games on the Smartphone and this release proves it. It really shows up many of the games we have had over the last couple of years.

This is the second game release in the last few weeks I have been impressed with, the other being Legacy. I think this bodes well for the future of the platform. The big change seems to be phone availability in the USA.

In answer to Stomski point, the full version has 6 different flavors of Pool, with the 8 ball game being virtually identical to UK rules. It also has the Quick Play option for you to play single games, either against the phone, on your own, or with a friend (you have to swap the phone backwards and forwards though).

Finally a question. How can we encourage more Pocket PC developers to port their applications to the Smartphone format?

Guest max1956bikes

i have just downloaded a trial of pool game when its my turn table just goes round at 100 mph and i cant do anything but quit game. if i buy it will i have wasted my money

Guest vpmobile
i have just downloaded a trial of pool game when its my turn table just goes round at 100 mph and i cant do anything but quit game. if i buy it will i have wasted my money

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like your HAT key(s) are stuck. You will need to get this fixed before you can play the game. If that doesn't turn out to be the problem, PM me with your phone type, ROM version and date.

Guest binary_refined

First: I have a Orange C500. Is there anyway to turn of that little noise when ever a key is pressed. When I use the overhead view it sounds like a M60 cracking off. I'm pretty sure it hampers the performance when play this fantastic game.

Second: I actually know one of the characters in the game. I've stayed at his house. 'Chimpie' isn't an American ex-special agent. He is actually a crazy Dutch bloke. He does play a mean game of pool though as I found out (to my cost) in at pool hall in Leeuwarden. I'm not sure, but he is probably a professional by now!

Third: To Phil, when you say Papyrus, do you mean GPL & NASCAR Papyrus? Or am I getting over excited when I look at your avatar and the word Papyrus in the same post.

3 birds with one stone! Bargin!

wow this game is good! been playing it fot the last 40mins at my desk... think i better stop now :D

going to have to buy the full game soon!!

PS. Dan, i dont get any sound when the keys are pressed :/

Guest Phil Lee
Third: To Phil, when you say Papyrus, do you mean GPL & NASCAR Papyrus? Or am I getting over excited when I look at your avatar and the word Papyrus in the same post.

3 birds with one stone! Bargin!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry but I'm afraid I can't afford to buy the real Papy. If only :D Nice to see someone recognised the avatar :D The Papyrus I bought was the calendar replacement program for my C500.

Guest Stomski
In answer to Stomski point, the full version has 6 different flavors of Pool, with the 8 ball game being virtually identical to UK rules.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gotcha, thanks! I was just thrown by the review on Pocket PC Thoughts where it states US Onlygame types.

Guest simonbratt99

1 programmer 18 months eh... (+some little elf helpers) brilliant job, yes 10/10. Best game ive seen or got on the phone. A few points..

1. .. just brilliant

2. a set of red and yellow balls would be welcome, especially as the screens smaller than a PC and red and yellow are far easier to see.

3. The actual 'Career selection' screen isnt that obvious what you are actually selectin.

4. Flip screen (desperate for)

6. Jump ball? probably too tricky for our ikkle Smartphone.

7. A plug in little usb travel mouse for MAJOR FUN (someone has to invent this soon, imagine the improvement)

8...would be nice to press 'over head view' any time the computer player is playing.

Im struggling to think of improvements but thats them, fine job Guys.

Guest fatbob1080
2. a set of red and yellow balls would be welcome, especially as the screens smaller than a PC and red and yellow are far easier to see.

I second that notion. Im surprised they arent in the full version. You can keep your poncey balls with numbers on them. I'll stick to vp hall on pc! :D :D :P

Edited by fatbob1080

Guest max1956bikes
Sounds like your HAT key(s) are stuck.  You will need to get this fixed before you can play the game.  If that doesn't turn out to be the problem, PM me with your phone type, ROM version and date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanks vp i went for the game and paid for it well worth the money.it all works ok on c500 only 2 weeks old.so i dont know why it went mad

How long before the reg code comes through? Ordered this morning and patiently waiting...

Edit: Got my reg code fine and now wasting my working hours away playing this excellent game :D

Edited by fozzie

Guest Stomski

My registry code came through instantly when I ordered yesterday :D

Some VERY minor things I've noticed...

1: Tends to buffer key presses in menus etc which can get annoying. e.g. if I press the action button during the load screens (Celeris/Virtual Pool Mobile) then I get put onto the career select screen. Would just be nicer if it only accepted button presses once the screen was displayed.

2: When I put my career on hold it either puts me back to the menu screen or the career select venue screen. (Could this be related to 1?)

3: Black pocket selection on 8 ball should be able to be done with the action button, just seems more intuitive to me.

Other than that, I'm more than happy. Well worth the money!

This game is sooooooooooo good!!!

played it last night for an hour and got to level 4... off on holiday tonight so will get at least to the last level on the journey!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.