Imate II Phone Profiles

Guest bretto

Hey All

Just about finished a light-weight phone profile today screen plugin for the pocket pc and thought I would see what interest or comments people had about this.

I know of another couple around. 1 that doesnt appear to work at all and Zen's pocketzenphone. A few of my users liked the idea of Zen's but thought it a bit too comprehensive and wanted something simpler and less obtrusive on the today screen.

Any comments would be welcomed. I will post a demo in the next few days.

Cheers

Bretto.

Hi All

Just posting the demo version of my app for anyone interested.

Cheers

Bretto

//------------------------

This has now gone into release. Demos and release versions are available at

www.handango.com

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDet...roductId=158471

www.pocketgear.com

http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=16872

old demos of the app

//------------------------

v1.08 demos of the app

PPCProfiles_demo_v1_08.exe

PPCProfiles_demo_v1_08.PPC2003_ARM.CAB

v1.06 demos of the app

PPCProfiles_demo_v1_06.exe

PPCProfiles_demo_v1_06.PPC2003_ARM.CAB

//--------

way old

PPCPRofiles_demo.exe

PPCProfiles_demo.PPC2003_ARM.CAB

Cheers

Bretto

Edited by bretto

Does it work on the PDA2k?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey inspectorgadjet

I really havent tried it. The only system I have written and tested for is the imate II (o2 xda 2) running wince 2003.

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest RussellH

Are you able to confirm what features this programme has? Is it possible to set a day and a night profile? Can it differentiate between ringer volume and alarm volume, so the ringer can be turned down at night, while the alarm remains loud? Any chance of a screenshot of how this appears on the homescreen.

Thanks

Are you able to confirm what features this programme has?  Is it possible to set a day and a night profile?  Can it differentiate between ringer volume and alarm volume, so the ringer can be turned down at night, while the alarm remains loud?  Any chance of a screenshot of how this appears on the homescreen.

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi RussellH

Yes, Yes and Yes :lol:

The latest program (which I will post in the main msg of this thread has the following features

Profiles :-

Silent

Turns system and ringer volume down. Can still use bluetooth and bt headset. Can still select vibrate functionality.

Soft,normal,load

User definable. Can set system volume. can set ringer volume, can use bluetooth and bt headset, can select a number of different ring options (ring, ring and vibrate, etc)

Automatic

This profile is a special one. as above but can opt to trigger on appointment status of meeting or busy. When selected it used the previously selected profile's options (if using normal then switch to automatic, normal profile settings are still in use) but when an outlook appointment of status busy or meeting starts as per outlook entry the profile changes to whatever the settings are you selected in the setup for automatic. When the appointment ends the profile settings switch back to how they were and it all goes around again for the next meeting until such time as you switch to another profile.

I hope this helps

Cheers

Bretto

Here are some screenshots

post-40928-1108721208_thumb.jpg post-40928-1108721230_thumb.jpg post-40928-1108721251_thumb.jpg

Edited by bretto

Hi All

Thank you very much for all your feedback and suggestions.

PPCProfiles has now been released for demo and sale. The links have been posted in the original post of this thread.

I hope you find it useful.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest RussellH

Hi bretto,

Thanks for the reply.

Nice work - Screenshots look great!

My M2000 though does a couple of odd things. If I select "Silent" or "Vibrate", then this reduces both the system volume and in-call volume. It means that while either option is implemented, I can't hear anybody during a call. In fact, I need a soft reset each time to get the in-call volume back. This renders the silent and vibrate functions useless on my phone! I'm hoping your software finds a way round this bug.

The phone also doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between phone ringer volume and alarm volume. They both appear to be managed by the one system volume. Reducing one automatically affects the other. If this software simply changes the settings volume, it may not cure this problem. Again, I'm hoping your software finds a way to seperate them. Certainly going to give it a try though!

Thanks again - really useful bit of software.

Hi Russellh

My M2000 though does a couple of odd things.  If I select "Silent" or "Vibrate", then this reduces both the system volume and in-call volume.  It means that while either option is implemented, I can't hear anybody during a call.  In fact, I need a soft reset each time to get the in-call volume back.  This renders the silent and vibrate functions useless on my phone!  I'm hoping your software finds a way round this bug.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The software is written for the xda II (htc himalaya) which doesnt have this problem. I will investigate for you.

The phone also doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between phone ringer volume and alarm volume.  They both appear to be managed by the one system volume.  Reducing one automatically affects the other.  If this software simply changes the settings volume, it may not cure this problem.  Again, I'm hoping your software finds a way to seperate them.  Certainly going to give it a try though!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is as designed and requested by my users. They just didnt want any system sounds to disturb them. The default alarm application uses the system volume and not its own so we may be limited there anyway.

I am working on a more feature rich version to cope with the features that have been requested by other interested parties. Ill let everyone know whats going to be in it very soon. If anyone has any requests I would be more than happy to review them.

Thanks for your feedback again.

Cheers

Bretto

Guest RussellH

Hi bretto,

Thanks again for the reply.

I see on the screenshot that "system" and "ringer" volumes are seperate, so it might work OK. When I get a chance, I'll give it a try anyway. Even if it doesn't, it's still a really useful looking programme - and only five dollars!

Edited by RussellH

• 2 years later...
Guest cuteangelika

Hi.. I really like this app but Ive been having problem with the ringtone on my phone (universal / dopod900). It always goes back to windows default and Im only getting this when i have ppc profile installed.. :-(