Help with installing utilities on M1000

Guest SimonReed

Guest SimonReed

Hi all..

I have recently got myself a M1000 and have been trying to download some stuff for it.

I have installed the ActiveSync software on my desktop and have so far downloaded the 2 files that I wish to go onto my pocket pc, onto it's c:drive.

When you open ActiveSync, is it as easy as clicking on the files you wish to transfer, and dragging them across to the 'explore' window of ActiveSync.

This is basically what I have done, and it has allowed me to view the 2 files on my PPC's file explorer area. When you click on the files in there though, you get the message

"eXPerience-v209-demo-setup is not a valid Pocket PC application".

I have spoken to eXPerience's support team and they can only come back and say that as long as this file name is present (ie: not an .asp like it was before), it should work.

Getting abit confuzzled now as to what to do - can anyone shed some light ??

ps.) The second file was a download manager called GetRight)

regards

Simon

Guest Disco Stu

You should run those files PC-side when connected with ActiveSync.

They sound like standard Windows installers and your PPC won't know what to do with them.

Guest Disco Stu

Double-click on the file when it's on the Desktop (or My Docs in my case), not in the ActiveSync window, and the installer will find the PPC itself.

:D :D

Guest Disco Stu

Just one thing to add.

If you download a cab file, don't unzip it. Copy it across to a folder on the M1000 (say My Documents) with ActiveSync and then prod it with the stylus to run it.