Windows Mobile 2003 Nokia Style ;)

Guest b_dragomir

Guest b_dragomir

[253]Preview.gif

File Name :: Windows Mobile 2003 Nokia Style :D

Author :: b_dragomir

Category :: Computer

Description ::

This is my first homescreen for a windows smartphone :P I do not know yet how to make self-installing cab files :D so i provided the homescreen in a zip archive. All you have do do is extract the archive in your "\Storage\Aplication Data\Home" directory on your Smartphone and then select the homescreen from "Start>Settings>Homescreen" section of your phone. I have hot yet skinned any other sections of the UI because i have to re-unlock my spv first :D to test them properly. I realy hope you will like this homescreen. ENJOY! 8) Ohh....and...to use it, just scroll down with your joystick form your desktop/homescreen :D

Updated Mon, Feb 7 2005 7:16 pm

View File

Edited by b_dragomir

Guest kemot1984

On my C500 I can scroll down to Calendar, but then when I try to go down I just get the Windows Mobile 2003 logo, i.e. no Settings, File Manager, etc.

I had a lot at the XML but I can't figure why it could behave as it does.

Any ideas why?

Guest b_dragomir

kemot1984:first of all thanks for downloadnig. :D second...i think it's my bad :P i forgot to say in the original post of the homescreen that it makes use of RJ Shorcut plugin... sorry about that. try installing RJ Shortcut than change your homescreen to something else, then back to "nokia style". i hope this will help you.

tuobradipo: why don't you download it here at modaco? if you really can't do that then please let me know and i will e-mail it to you, if it is in no contradiction with modaco's rules :D

best regards and thanks again for downloading !

Bogdan

Hi there, just wanted to say it´s a great looking homescreen you´ve made. I changed the XML from "Storage" to IPSM and made the File Manager to link to Resco Explorer, Call Register links to Call History, Media album links to BetaPlayer and WOOPS it works perfekt on WM 2002.

Thank´s again for the inspiration

Olle

Guest b_dragomir

hey, guys! thanks for your interest and nice comments. i have already skinned the other screens as well, but as i understand, i must download the smartphone 2002 sdk from microsoft in order to make them into a cab file. thi sdk is i think at least 40 megs in size and at the moment i am using a dialup connection to the net and you can imagine how long it would take me to dowload that from microsoft. if anyone knows any other way to make the cab file needed for the propper installation of the homescreen, please share :D

thanks again!

bogdan

Guest b_dragomir

pzee: thanks a bunch for the file! i really needed that :D

everyone else: thank you for your opinions and stay tuned these days, 'cause now that i have what i need to make a cab file, i can include all the other skinned items i could not until now (ie: programs menu backround, volume bkg, in-call, etc)

best wishes!

bogdan

Guest b_dragomir

doyle_m: that was the initial version i had in mind...but it did't lokk good...it didn't look "nokia" :lol: you do see the envelope icon at the top of your screen,though... if you want to, you can change the xml to suit your needs or i will do it in another version... but about next week...now i have 2 more exams left :(( cya!

Guest hamstar50

Lovely screen! Upcoiming appointments on homescreen would be good (i know it's not nokia style) but it's the only thing thats missing on the homescreen.

Guest b_dragomir

i know,i know :lol: i have lots of ideas stuck inside my head and will make a new version of the homescreen (maybe symbian style this time, who knows :() but just give me a few days ( after the 12th of this month) to finish my exams :D then i will give all my time to my little smartphone :D and of course my girlfriend :D

cheers!

Guest bagpiper_uk
kemot1984:first of all thanks for downloadnig. :lol: second...i think it's my bad :D i forgot to say in the original post of the homescreen that it makes use of RJ Shorcut plugin... sorry about that. try installing RJ Shortcut than change your homescreen to something else, then back to "nokia style". i hope this will help you.

tuobradipo: why don't you download it here at modaco? if you really can't do that then please let me know and i will e-mail it to you, if it is in no contradiction with modaco's rules :(

best regards and thanks again for downloading !

Bogdan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest Rivernet1
Great homescreen, keep up the good work!!!! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MPx200, WM2003, RJShortcuts installed. Wallpaper shows up, but that's about it.

Guest tmaniac

gr8 work on this 1 man...i really like it....however...i'd like to see how many new sms i have...but i know s*** about xml....can;t u make an xml with that in it?

cheers

Guest regtur_k

Hi, great design!!!

Is it possible you post an empty background? So people can make their own extra pages, for example for TomTom. And which lettertype did you use?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.