C500. It's a load of pants. Trust me.

Guest bronksy

Guest pharma79

I get same problem with my SP3 : The phone shows full bars almost all the time - which is GOOD - but my friends complain about me not being touchable very often (I have had worked with about 20 phones from most brands in these years and can fell the reception problem is real ). I too cant get SMS some times unless i start to avtivate GSM radio : either i call a number or if somebody finally gets to call me , then i start receiving SMS`s .

This behavior appears some times not alwalys .

Also Imate has admitted "GSM radio instability" for "SOME EARLY BUILDS" ( i think my phone was one ) and claim to improve it in newest rom .

My idea is that when phone goes in standby mode , it actually works in lower than required power ( actualy power saving goes too far) and cant provide enough connectability to antennas on network ( The network massage is : the requested user is not accessible ). When you use it , it goes on higher power GSM radio which makes a good connection .

If this many people have no problem with radio , then its probably a problem of some builds of hardware . I will receive my phone in a few weeks and see if the problem is solved with newer rom or not .

But Im certain its a problem here and it really effect using the phone part .

Its good that most people dont enconter this .

---------

bronksy i agree with you in some degree : Heavy dust , tss sound and bad reception annoy me too. But i still like it and if i was to choose another phone like nokia 7610 , or even sp3i , i would still prefer my sp3 cause it has too much plus that i can tolerate these problem.

Guest mismith356

I'll jump in...this being my second post and all :roll:

From a yanks point of view....my smt5600 (which I believe is the same thing) works quite well as far as voice is concerned...GPRS works well even when I have 1 or no signal bars.

Voice signal is so good in fact. that I can make calls from my desk at work which I could NEVER do with my SE T616 or any of my several Nokia's or even my Siemens S46 (best phone b4 smt5600).

Anyway...I doubt you are looking for another.."my phone works, why doesn't yours" type of response/post.

I do hope you are able to sell it, swap it, or otherwise find a compromise that makes you happy...

Have you tried swapping your phone with a friends of the same make? Is it possible you have it in a cell case or bag which is different to what you carried you earlier phones in? Not to state the obvious, but have seen people get pissed at electronics not working when, come to find out...the problem was environmental (like a new case or even a new car).

Take Care man...hope you find the fix.

Guest banjobill

Well I've only had my phone for a week no problems...yet.

In saying that I really do believe that I had the worst phone ever invented - created - prototyped - produced - manufactured in the LG8120.

Besides being thick enough to get it on 3 (it was the 750 mins and 200 texts for £35 dammit!!), the phone was the worst thing that could have happened to me.

I was kicked, punched, laughed at, mocked, kicked again. And why I hear you ask.

BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAVE PI$$ING BLUETOOTH.

Who in this day and age creates a phone without Bluetooth??

Oh and I've had the software upgraded as well as having it repaired twice....

But there is light at the end at the tunnel, some shmo (as it was said) is buying it for £70. With my C500 I am now content with my life again.

Damn this was a long post by me?!?!