Any ideas why XVid won't play on PC?

Guest yoos

I have an avi file that I wanted to play on my phone. I used pocket divx and the end resulting avi had audio that was out of sync. If I played the file through pocketdivx it was fine, but via the PC Windows Media Player or the phone the sound was not in sync.

I then tried xVid and it turned out great and plays great on my phone, but I only get sound and no video when played through the PC (Windows Media Player 10). Any ideas why???

I've downloaded, installed, then uninstalled, downloaded, and installed the xVid codec from several places... still doesn't work... I've searched the internet for the last few hours and they all seem to point to installing the codec, which I did. I wonder if it's something in pocketdivx???

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

I have several encoded vids on my PC which runs well on WMP 10. I used VirtualDub audio-video processing program to encode the files using XviD 1.0.2 codec.

www.betaxvid.tk

So I can play the following file on my phone, but NOT on my PC (it was created with pocket divx)... But it seems like I am able to play XVid's on my PC that weren't created with pocket divx...

Can anyone successfully play this avi/xvid on their PC?

What_the_Bleep_Snipet.zip

Edited by yoos