Removing Caller ID Icon

Guest generationgav

Guest generationgav

I've just flashed my Orange C500 with the imate software, it definitly seems nippier now and apart from not being able to find my home screen again I have one problem.

How do you remove the Caller ID icon at the top of the screen? It wasn't on the C500 and its just annoying being there, so can you remove it?

Cheers

Guest shadamehr
I've just flashed my Orange C500 with the imate software, it definitly seems nippier now and apart from not being able to find my home screen again I have one problem.

How do you remove the Caller ID icon at the top of the screen? It wasn't on the C500 and its just annoying being there, so can you remove it?

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What's it like mate - care to share your experiences with us???

Guest generationgav
Try closing IA_Caller_ID.exe using SP Task Manager.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

aha...I should have known someone would suggest this! I still want to use caller ID images but I don't want that icon.

Guest generationgav
What's it like mate - care to share your experiences with us???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry for double posting, but I'm a bit stupid.

Its alright; it does seem a bit nippier when chaging between apps, and I think the camera s/w has been updated as the photos just seem a touch sharper.

The downsides are my phone saying imate in HUGE letters on boot; it'd be nice not to say anything and the icons for certain things (camera, multimedia album, etc) just don't seem as nice.

Overall its nice to have, but in all honesty I'm not sure I see the benefit for the amount of time it took to unlock the phone, flash it & have to reinstall all my applications.