File sync in ActiveSync?

Guest HEKTIK

Hi Guys!

Yep, another Smartphone newbie here! I've just hung up my trusty Nokia 6600 and Sony P910 and got an Orange SPV. Its all good - Just needs Pocket Office to finish it off.

Anyway, in my Active Sync I can sync Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Inbox but NOT files. How do I add file syncing??

I used to be able to do this with ActiveSync on my Ipaq but I can't for the life of me remember how I set it up and theres a few office documents that Id like synced - Hopefully someone can help!!

Dan :D

Edited by HEKTIK

Guest Disco Stu

Bad news on both fronts I'm afraid.

You can't sync folders on a Smarphone and there is no 'Pocket Office' software for the platform either. There are readers available and a beta spreadsheet app is on here in the Software section though.

ClearVue?? Yeah I got that demo installed already but it would still have been nice for MS to give us the option of file syncing.

Anyway, thanks for the very quick answer Stu - Don't suppose you know if MS ever intend to release a smartphone version of office??? If they want to beat Symbian they're gonna need one! lol

/me gets on knees and prays

Edited by HEKTIK

Guest Disco Stu

I've not even heard of a sniff of a plan.

I'm not convinced that the Smartphone is the right form for Office apps although the operators seem to think that they are business devices.