iBaby v1.0 at MobiSmart.net

Guest chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

Now I know I'm going to get the mickey taken for this, but I think it could actually be useful

You set a number to contact, and a few other parameters (optional) and it turns your phone into a baby monitor.

By measuring the noise level in a room it can spot increases in noise (the little brat crying for instance) and calls the contact number you gave it, so you can listen in.

iBaby v1.0

http://www.mobismart.net/News/NEWS_ViewCom....asp?IDNEWS=199

I haven't tried this version yet (the previous version only accepted French phone numbers, and I don't often leave Jnr in bed while I go to France) but it might be interesting for those of us old enough to appreciate real Ale, early nights and slippers. :D

God, I hope gun_runner doesn't see this post! :oops: :D

Guest chucky.egg

Having actually tried this I've noticed a couple of issues

1) iBaby does not silence your phone, so if you forget and somebody calls you it's gonna wake Jnr up

2) Even if you silence your phone the noise of it vibrating on a hard surface (fnarr fnarr) is very loud

3) The screen still lights up when a call is received. And it's very bright in an otherwise dark room!

4) The noise of your ringtone or your phone vibrating is enough to set off the "trigger", making iBaby call your specified number

So basically, it would work to some extent, but you have to set your phone to silent and turn off vibration otherwise you're asking for trouble

Guest chucky.egg

Yeah, but AFAIK you can't divert SMS, so they'd still go off (unless you bought another bit of software to handle that... but that's getting a bit too complicated already)

but it might be interesting for those of us old enough to appreciate real Ale, early nights and slippers. :lol:

Might be easier to just give the kid your smartphone, playing with that'll keep im/her quiet while you knock of a Bishops Finger or Tanglefoot :(

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.