Individual Ringtones?

Guest raiderz
Hi there,

Now proud owner of M2000 on Orange, but I would like to be able to assign a ringtone to a contact. Can this be done using an app of some sort?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you have IA Caller ID version 1.20 it is possible, this possibly could be on the new batch of M2000's, the old Rom version 1.12.00WWE had IA Caller ID version 1.17 and this can't do individual ringtones.

Hope this helps

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi All,

Not sure what version of IA Caller ID i have on my phone, but I don't appear to be able to assign ringtones to seperate contacts.

Any idea where I can download this software or one similar that would do the job.

Cheers

Any luck?

I'd be interesting in doing this too.

--ian

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The caller ID app is called "Photo Contacts" and on my newly delivered M2000 Orange UK, I have 1.17. The link to the IA website posted earlier is still not working. Ah wel....

Guest ichilton

What rom versions do you have though - I only got mine yesterday and I also have 1.17 but I also have old rom versions (same versions as the people who got them in early december had) - people like MrOrangeShop, blackhorse etc who have just got them in the past week or so have posted in other threads saying they have much more up-to-date roms - I wonder if these include caller id 1.20.

--ian

Guest raiderz
people like MrOrangeShop, blackhorse etc who have just got them in the past week or so have posted in other threads saying they have much more up-to-date roms - I wonder if these include caller id 1.20.

Just cook your own Extended rom to include Caller ID 1.20, you can find it on xda-developers forum, unhide & unlock your ext rom, soft reset, drag the old caller id out, drag the new one in, change the filename so its the same as the old one, lock & hide the ext rom, then reset, then hard reset and it should install 1.20 instead of 1.17!

Guest ichilton

Hi,

I'm not desperate for it, so I think i'll just wait and see if Orange releases an update in the near future. Hopefully if they are producing phones with a new version they'll release it soon.

--ian

Just cook your own Extended rom to include Caller ID 1.20, you can find it on xda-developers forum, unhide & unlock your ext rom, soft reset, drag the old caller id out, drag the new one in, change the filename so its the same as the old one, lock & hide the ext rom, then reset, then hard reset and it should install 1.20 instead of 1.17!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am VERY desperate to getting to a better working phone. I like some things about the SPV M2000 but it is so littered with bugs that it is driving me nuts. I have a few questions:

- what is the "ext rom"? how do i unhide and unlock it?

- what function does the Caller ID have specifically? Is there anyway to upgrade other components of the ROM?

Guest raiderz
- what is the "ext rom"? how do i unhide and unlock it?

- what function does the Caller ID have specifically? Is there anyway to upgrade other components of the ROM?

The extended rom is just a hidden folder, with application CAB files in it, which is only run once when the phone has been hard reset, it has all the operator specific applications in such as caller id, fax, album, gprs settings etc etc these differ between operators and are installed on the base operating system on a hard reset - you know the bit "your phone will be customised in 3 seconds" etc when you first get your phone.

Personally if you are not confident about changing roms and such I would wait for Orange to publish the updated rom on their site. It's not for the faint hearted at all!!

Guest Shaunfarris

Hi Ya

I've installed MTUX RingToneX 1.44 from:

MTUX RingtoneX 1.44

It seems to work fine on my M2000, I havent bought it yet still running the trial, and hoping Orange release an update or IAStyle sort out their webpage and make it available.

Cheers

Shaun