SMT5600 headsets?

Guest Vrylakos

Guest Vrylakos

Ok, SMT5600 on the way. I'd like a headset, and have been eyeing the Jabra BT250.

Are there any issues people have had with it and thw SMT5600? I noted that it said for use with Nokia, Motorola, etc. Does the really matter?

Is it fully functional with the SMT?

I am a first time cell phone user, so any advice or things to watch out for would be appreciated!

Vrylakos

I use the Motorola HS810 and it works great. I would think any compliant BT headset should work oK. I also have a PDA2K and many have complained about the Jabbra250 for that one. The HS810 works well on it as well.

Guest Vrylakos
I use the Motorola HS810 and it works great. I would think any compliant BT headset should work oK. I also have a PDA2K and many have complained about the Jabbra250 for that one. The HS810 works well on it as well.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HM, ok. Looks like I'll take a look at the BT250. Thanks!

Vrylakos

Guest rob1out

has anybody used these before?

wat i'm wondering is if i can use my own headphones use the bluetooth capability of the headset to use the c500 as an mp3 player.

i have no idea how the c500 would work as an mp3 player if it was in bluetooth mode.

here's the instructions for the headset

instructions

b117124.jpg

Guest Drewtech

I have the BT250. It works but there are a couple of issues.

1) If you have your phone with BT switched on and the keypad unlocked then it will try and voicedial when you switch on the BT250 and, if you only have one voicetag setup it will dial it, it may dial the first one anyway so you have to make sure you cancel. If you have the keypad locked then this doesn't happen;

2) Eventhough it shows the headset on the status bar it doesn't appear to be using the headset profile and so won't auto-answer. It seems to stay in whatever profile you were already in.

3) The last thing is that it won't voicedial when the keypad is locked. A lot of people see this as a bug but you can't use the keypress for voice dialling with the keypad locked so it is doing the same thing. It would be useful if it could since I don't like to keep the phone in my pocket without the keypad locked.

I find the sound quality of the BT250 to be good. A single press of the command button allows me to start voice dialling (when the keypad is unlocked) and this has never been a problem for me. Some other perople have reported problems so check out some of the other threads.

• 1 month later...
Guest Catapult
I have the BT250. It works but there are a couple of issues.

1) If you have your phone with BT switched on and the keypad unlocked then it will try and voicedial when you switch on the BT250 and, if you only have one voicetag setup it will dial it, it may dial the first one anyway so you have to make sure you cancel. If you have the keypad locked then this doesn't happen;

2) Eventhough it shows the headset on the status bar it doesn't appear to be using the headset profile and so won't auto-answer. It seems to stay in whatever profile you were already in.

3) The last thing is that it won't voicedial when the keypad is locked. A lot of people see this as a bug but you can't use the keypress for voice dialling with the keypad locked so it is doing the same thing. It would be useful if it could since I don't like to keep the phone in my pocket without the keypad locked.

I find the sound quality of the BT250 to be good. A single press of the command button allows me to start voice dialling (when the keypad is unlocked) and this has never been a problem for me. Some other perople have reported problems so check out some of the other threads.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a Jabra BT110 and really like it. Don't have to deal with recharging (uses AAA), it was cheap ($37) and works with voice activated dialing (I'm not lying, honest...you can see it on the SMT5600's screen with a prompt to speak). Sometimes the handoff is not super smooth, but the sound and call quality are very good IMHO.