Yacht Game

Guest sdbarron

• 4 months later...
Guest celticJedi

Hi so I've downloaded the file and extracted it, what do I do to install it? sorry if this is a bit basic but I'm stuck!

Edited by celticJedi

Guest smeg36

First off, THANK YOU! If there is another Yahtzee game for the Smartphone out there, I haven't seen it. My wife loves her Yahtzee games, and has been bugging me to get one for her Smartphone. I have, however, found a couple of bugs with the game. Hopefully this is just a beta, and you plan on updating the game. If not, I hate to trash your game. My intention is to help improve it, not trash it. I have the game installed on both an i-mate SP3i and a MPx220, and get the same problems with both.

First, using the Menu/Hold to hold the dice only works with the first set of 3 rolls. After I roll three times and score the hand, the Hold menu is greyed out and I have to use the number keys to hold the dice.

The second bug is one that I don't know if it is a bug or a feature that is intentionally added. If I hold a die after the first roll, I can't un-hold it after the second. Say I hold a two 6's after the first roll, then get a 3, 4, and 5 on the second roll. I would want to unhold one of the 6's to try and get a 2 with it for a large straight. I am unable to do this though. Once the hold it on, it is impossible to take it off.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ajohnson007

I also have a problem with scoring the 4 of a kind I do not show any score after selected.

[289]YachtGameSP.PNG</a>

File Name :: Yacht Game

Author :: sdbarron

Category :: Games - Board

Description ::

Yacht Game for SmartPhone 2003 from SteveBarron.net

View File

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sdbarron

Sorry, all, I didn't know (or at least didn't remember) this discussion board was here. Thanks for some great comments!

Ajohnson007:

I was aware of the Four-of-a-kind scoring bug but thought I fixed it in June.

I could definitely be wrong. Could you check your EXE date for me? I'll also poke around and see if I can find/remember/fix.

Smeg36:

I will look into the Menu/Hold error as soon as I get a chance.

The unhold one was on purpose, but I'm more than willing to believe that I didn't understand the rules as well as I might. ;) I'll look into the rules and fix if appropriate. If the rules say you can't unhold, maybe I'll make it available or not via an Options dialog.

UPDATE: OK, I just uploaded a new CAB that should fix the four-of-a-kind scoring bug and the Menu/Hold bug.

I also stand (well, sit) corrected on that un-hold issue. That's now fixed, too. I've been playing with this extra rule all my life. I had no idea the game was even easier! :)

Thanks for your patient assistance!

Edited by sdbarron

• 3 months later...
Guest sdbarron

Sorry, the SmartPhone 2002 didn't have the ".NET Compact Framework", which is required for the tool I used to write the game.

I don't know that much about the MPX200, but I do know that my Samsung SCH-i600 came with SmartPhone 2002 but was upgraded for free by my carrier to 2003. Maybe you can do the same.

From Microsoft:

Q: When will the .NET Compact Framework be available for Smartphone 2002?

A: The first version of the .NET Compact Framework is focused on enabling smart device programming for the successful Pocket PC class of devices. The .NET Compact Framework was added to the Smartphone 2003 release of Smartphone. There are no plans to release a version of the .NET Compact Framework for Smartphone 2002.

Sorry!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.