SP3i or C500

Guest tidusuk123

Guest tidusuk123

Hi guys. I bought the orange c500, but then returned it because of the bad scroller design :evil: . I can't seem to find a phone within my price range (£150 - £170 on pay as you go) that is any better so i'm considering running back to my c500!! I've seen the SP3i and it's practically the same phone but with a joystick!! :lol: :( this phone would be very ideal but the price on the net is too much.

is it worth spending the extra amount to get this one instead? i want to play pocketsnes properly and i'm worried that the scroller may be a problem.

does anyone know if orange will sell the sp3i soon for the same price as the c500??

orange are selling the c500 for £139 with £10 credit. that's an excellent offer. 8) when i returned my c500 the guy said that this version is no good and bluetooth facility is poor. he said orange will bring a new version out soon and that it will have better bluetooth support and a improved navigator (joystick) - i went home and did some research - found the sp3i. i thought that this was it!! so i went to a different orange store and asked the manager about the next spv; he said that he doesn't know about the sp3i or any new spv c500 lookalike but said that the next spv is m2000... :?: :?:

anyway can anyone help me out. shall i go back to my c500?? or would the sp3i be a better choice?? and any possible links to a cheap one!!

what about the sda? how much does that cost? and is it within the competition?

thanks everyone!

Guest TigerNet

...I think the SDA is done by t-mobile...the joystick and slightly different casing are the only differences...the innards are the same as far as I am aware...

Guest Confucious

The C500 (SP3) is heavily subsidised by Orange, I would be suprised if they bring out a version of the SP3i but even if they do it only has a 5 way joystick so is no different from the roller on the C500.

Like you say, the C500 is a bargain but not really designed for games.

The C500 (SP3)  is heavily subsidised by Orange, I would be suprised if they bring out a version of the SP3i but even if they do it only has a 5 way joystick so is no different from the roller on the C500.

Like you say, the C500 is a bargain but not really designed for games.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well in all fairness if you want a phone for gaming,perhaps you could try the nokia :oops: :oops: n-gageQd. I had one and they are fantastic for gaming and the symbian platform was good for downoading other software. But i chose the spv c500 :( :lol: :D for more .....Well manly things.

I did exactly the same thing. Tried the C500, liked everything except the roller, sent it back, and tried the SP3i.

I found that joystick was MUCH better than the roller (although I never played any really heavy duty games) but there were problems.

Several progs which had run on the C500 would not run at all on the SP3i, the joystick started sticking after a while, and the headset kept cutting in and out.

The last point was the deal breaker for me. I got worried about where I would get support from if the phone went wrong again after the return period was over.

So I went back to the C500. The roller may not be good enough for arcade games (which I really don't care about much to be honest) but I have 8 or 10 decent games that I can play quite happily. I also found that I got used to the roller after a while.

tried both myself and decided on the c500. My main consideration? build quality. The sp3i felt quite cheaply made but the c500 felt at least they screwed it all together nice! However, after having the c500 for a while, I feel I could have lived with that because I would have had a joystick at least! My thumb hurts after a short while with the roller on the c500.

My advice to you? I dont know, couldnt really recommend either one. Wait till the tmobile sda or sda music come out in the uk and give them a try.

trust me when I say this...

the SP3i has MANY problems...

I have had 4 of these in my hands and have had joySTICK problems on everyone. So much so on two that the stick fell of one...

I'd stay with the C500 or the SP3 if you can.... Though lets be honest it looks a darn sight better than the Sony remake!

Guest tidusuk123

Thanks everyone for opinions - my head is less confused!! :lol:

so i'm gonna forget about the sp3i unless i find an amazing deal like £130 or something...

i'm gonna try to find another windows mobile that is near £150 and is ok for games. I already had the n-gage and the games are fanatastic but movies play quite slow with smartmovie. although the play full speed on mobiclip but converting a clip takes a whole damn day! and just so that anyone needs to know, the original n-gage probably has the best phone mp3 player available (high volume, excellent bass, not crackling) although you have to buy your own sony earphones.

anyway, i want a windows mobile and not a symbian platform because later this year they will release a new final fantasy game for windows smartphone and i can't miss out on that being a huge fan!!

can anyone possibly recommend? don't say the Mio 8390 - tried it, excellent phone but not my style.

Guest Pondrew
Have you looked at the MyX-7 ?

I haven't seen it in person but I hear it's pretty good if you don't need Bluetooth. I think it has a joystick too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The My-S7 does indeed have a joystick and it's 9 way!