Does miniSD speed matter?

Guest tcaland

Guest tcaland

Hi,

I just got an SPV C500 and I am going to buy a miniSD card. While looking around at varios web site, I found miniSD cards with different speeds.

For example a Twinmos 512mb miniSD Ultra-X has a write transfer rate of 4,6mb/s and 6mb/s in reading, while a Kingmax miniSD has a 10mb/s transfer rate.

My question is:

is it worth to buy a speeder miniSD, or not because of the reader/writer chip inside of my SPV C500 is not capable of getting these speeds??

Did you notice in real usage any advantage among different brand and models of miniSD cards?

thanks in advance.

Guest Confucious

No difference in the phone as it can't transfer at this sort of speed. Potential difference in a card reader but I don't think it makes any real difference.

Kingmax is a well known make, I've not heard of Twinmos - doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with them though. To be on the safe side you should ask if it works in the C500 and if it doesn't can you get your money back. if it does I don't thinhk the speed will make any real world difference.

I would say that all cards should work but someone reported in another thread that they had a cheap card that didn't work - might have just been a faulty card but safer to get confirmation that it will work first.

HTH