latest c500 rom and mp3/wmp 10 support

Guest tcaland

Guest tcaland

Hi,

I am just reading on another forum (http://www.mpx200.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5749...I hope I could post the link) that c500s with latest rom update have installed Windows Media Player 10 with mp3 ringtones support.

My actual ROM is 4.1.1.4 and it seems to me the latest available on orange uk website. Looking aroung on swiss website I found a newer ROM 4.1.5.5 released on november 2004.

Did someone test this one? Is WMP 10 present ???

thanks in advance

best

tony

Guest Confucious

I have not heard of a C500 with MP10 - the Audiovox 5600 does have it.

The first 5 in 4.1.5.5 is just the country code and I'm sure this version has WMP9.

The first 5 in 4.1.5.5 is just the country code and I'm sure this version has WMP9.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sure as in "I've tried it" or sure as in "I bet it's wtill WMP9"?

Did anyone actually flash this ROM on their C500 to confirm?

Guest mupwangle
Sure as in "I've tried it" or sure as in "I bet it's wtill WMP9"?

Did anyone actually flash this ROM on their C500 to confirm?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you look at the blurb the bug fixes are the same as the 4.1.1.4 upgrade in the UK. I doubt it would be worth trying. WMP10 would be quite a major thing and if it was there they would mention it *lots*. Good PR and all that.

Guest dpeilow

One of the guys on that link in the first post says they have flashed their Audiovox 5600 with an Orange ROM to check something, then flashed back again.

Would the reverse be possible? What would we be missing? I use none of the Orange specific stuff on mine anyway...

Dave

cant you just get all the wmp 10 files from the phones with it and shove them on spv c500?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL

That would be a pain, to edit the ROM image and insert the files, registry settings and so on!

Guest jamjamjam

i mean browse the phone and just get all the files and shove them on your pc then plug in your spv c500 and put them in the same place on that , would that not work>?

i mean browse the phone and just get all the files and shove them on your pc then plug in your spv c500 and put them in the same place on that , would that not work>?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can't really. All you can write in your phone, so it stays there after you restart it, is \Storage\ and \Storage Card\.

Guest dave106
One of the guys on that link in the first post says they have flashed their Audiovox 5600 with an Orange ROM to check something, then flashed back again.

Would the reverse be possible? What would we be missing? I use none of the Orange specific stuff on mine anyway...

Dave

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the reverse is possible, but noone seems to know where you can get the smt5600 rom. so how did the guy in the post reflash again with the smt5600 rom after flashing with the c500 rom?

• 1 year later...
the reverse is possible, but noone seems to know where you can get the smt5600 rom. so how did the guy in the post reflash again with the smt5600 rom after flashing with the c500 rom?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the c500 rom with WMP10 is on the orange websight for download

the c500 rom with WMP10 is on the orange websight for download

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi

I Have Rom version 4.2.1.4 on my C500 downloaded from the Orange website some months ago.

It Has Windows Media Player 10

Version 10.0 Build 15045

works no problems....

Cheers