SP3i won't boot

Guest mkent_barbados

Guest mkent_barbados

Hi all, my SP3i which I turned off normally (joystick giving trouble again, wanted to try a reboot) won't turn back on...

First it shows "iMate", then the rom number (or whatever it is) shows up in red at the top of the screen, then it goes to "Windows 2003 Mobile" and there it stays. Have tried with the SIM in, no MiniSD; no SIM, no MiniSD; no SIM, MiniSD in. Nothing works. Have it on the wall charger right now still stuck at that screen. The screen backlight has gone off but no movement otherwise. Any ideas? How I do I force a reset?

Thanks for any help...

Guest pharma79

My sp3 had even worse symptoms: Start> Blue Imate screen> Restart itself ! It seems like an infinite loop .

It happened witout an obvious reason and only thing i could was to hard reset it . It how to :

Turn the phone off , press and hold both function keys (two below screen) then press power button for exactly 1 second and release (timing is important) and release it while still holding FK `s . Device will boot with a screen asking to enter 1234 to hardreset . Do it and after a few minutes you have a fresh os.

• 1 year later...
Guest munawarsial

Hi pharma,

I was also having this problem but now it has been fixed up.

I also worked out. The information u have gave us is very usefull.

Thank you very much for your support.

Munawar Hussian.

My sp3 had even worse symptoms: Start> Blue Imate screen> Restart itself ! It seems like an infinite loop .

It happened witout an obvious reason and only thing i could was to hard reset it . It how to :

Turn the phone off , press and hold both function keys (two below screen) then press power button for exactly 1 second and release (timing is important) and release it while still holding FK `s . Device will boot with a screen asking to enter 1234 to hardreset . Do it and after a few minutes you have a fresh os.

• 2 weeks later...