Main Screen Timeout - FIXED

Guest niceguymr

Guest niceguymr

How do you get the main screan on the UNLOCKED CINGULAR MPX220 to timeout correctly when it has an ATT SIM card in it? Even if I set it to timeout after 1 minute, it stays lit.

EDITED TO ADD:

Well, after all was said and done, I turned off the phone and restarted it. For some reason, that seamed to solve the problem. I had the settings right all along. I just hope that this isn't some sort of intermittent problem that will recur. It was draining the battery bigtime.

Edited by niceguymr

Guest arogntbastrd

I had a similar problem last night but I'm with Cingular. When I went to charge my phone I noticed the external and internal screen wouldn't dim so, like you, I just turned it off and turned it back on. Works fine now. I figure like any other operating system once in a while it'll have it's little quirks but when all else fails, ctrl+alt+delete. Do you have beta player on yours? My only guess is that maybe it has something to do with that, since when you're watching video the screen doesn't dim. I figure that setting just didn't turn off or something and if I'm not mistaken, the timeout setting under homescreen refers to how fast the phone will go back to the homescreen if you don't press anything. For instance, if you press start and just stare at the screen it's how long before it'll go back to the homescreen.

Edited by arogntbastrd