Playing wmv files

Guest colossus

Guest colossus

Hi, I am still trying to get to grips with all of this and have been trying to download a few video files from the web. They download to my PC where I can play them with no problem, but when I try to download to my phone they only transfer as an audio file. I can't find any setting which I need to alter but if someone could point me in the right direction I would be grateful. Cheers.

Guest the_ape
It's hard to say without knowing what type of files they are.

Do you have a link to some of the files you are trying to convert ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may want to check that they are encoded with one of the supported codec's (WMV 7/9)

Pop over to http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme...oad/default.asp choose Windows Media Encoder from the top drop down and download media encoder 9 and install it,

start a new project and convert the vid to the pocketpc settings in the converter and see if it works then, you can then setup a new profile for the phone as the pocketpc one is for a larger screen.

That's all I do.

The other way to do it, download BetaPlayer 0.5, and PocketDivXEncoder and encode it to divx using PocketDivXEncoder, profile is allerady setup in that for the smartphone screen.

Hope that helps

Ashleigh