Application unlocking SPV C500

Guest jamjamjam

Guest jamjamjam

i spent a long time searching the internet for ways to application unlock my spv c500 and tried everything, none worked after many trys using the orange developer site i almost gave up but eventually i found a post on a forum somewhere explaining exactly how to do it , for some reason peolple who post the orange developer method dont seem to list vital details of how to do it so here it is:

1. firstly follow this link and register http://www.orangepartner.com/user/RegisterUser.jsp?opCoId=1

make sure the mobile number you supply is the same as the one you will enter in the program below later on ( the mobile number of the phone)

2. then download a program called "ActionRegister.ARM.cab" ( search google for it)

3. open up the program on your phone and enter the details it asks for then select ' register' it will need to use gprs for this so make sure your settings are all correct ( opening a page in interent explorer will allow your gprs to connect if it wont automatically)

the program should now say "registering device with network" followed by "registered: YES"

4. now that your phone is registerd leave the phone in the program and plug it into the pc using the usb cable and make sure active sync program is on and that your phone is connected ( this is needed for step 5)

5. now for the icing on the cake... go to http://developer.orangews.com/orgspv/comdefq.aspx check "Disable Certificate Security" then "proceed" then check "i agree" then click "ok"

then for your name put the name you used to register for the site (not username) and the email you used and then the number of the phone you are app unlocking ( the number you used earlier, add +44 to your number eg. 07743636457 becomes +4477436457, note the 0 is taken off)

for the imei follow the instructions ( or just type in what it says in the program) then check all the details are correct then click ok

6. now be patient and wait, if all is well the page on your computer should load to a blank page and there will be a message on your phone saying somthing about your phone being unlocked

note: you will need gprs connected for stage 6

hopefully this will work for you, it worked for me on an unlocked spv c500 with latest firmware on vodaphone contract hopefully this is a useful guide for those having trouble app unlocking :lol:

Edited by jamjamjam

Guest Disco Stu

I'm sorry, but the download link you provided is to copyrighted software that is not for general redistribution.

This is therefore against forum rules and I have removed it.

The OTA unlock method should work for all but the Orange computers have been playing up recently. Members have been posting to point out that they have kept re-trying and have eventually succeeded.