Active Sync Blues

Guest ashley

Now that i have got my C500 it's big memory card for Christmas it will not accept files without problems

When i get several files into copying, i get the following window pop-up on the copy process; "a device attached to the system is not functioning"

bt.gif

I have to unplug and re-copy the files or, more often, it hangs the phone too so it needs rebooting

I have tried re-instaling the software and formatting the card but still get problems.

I'm not sure if this is the process, the phone or the card as the standard card didn't really go in for much in the way of MP3s

I found this post from Shademehr last year referring to it

LISTEN UP GUYS (yes I'm shouting 'cos I'm tired of this being ignored or overlooked...)

For the UMPTEENTH time on here, there is a known fault with the E200, whereby SOME SD cards won't wortk with it - Viking, is one such example, though it is meant to apply to any MULTI-CELL SD card.

This manifests itself in the form of readily being able to write to the card in a dedicated Card Reader, and ALSO happily READ from the card, in the phone.

But as soon as you try to WRITE anything to the card within the phone, you get the error mentioned in this thread.

Orange are supposedly aware of this, and the forthcoming ROM update ALLEGEDLY fixes it.

So PLEASE - all you regulars, take this in, and remember it - cos I am tired of seeing comments like Deepak's up above "SD card of all make and kinds work on all smartphone and windows mobile phones without any hassles..

" when this is absolutely not true, and an already known fault to Orange.

So please guys, spread the word - cos I've lost track of how many times I have posted this on this forum.

--------------------

shadamehr

Newshound, and Mod. Plus Member

Does this issue still refer to the dual layer cards now that we use Mini-SD. Mines a 1/2 gig from MobyMemory

Ashley