just got 2 c500's

Guest celica1.8st

Guest celica1.8st

I just got 2 spv c500's on contract from Orange (one for me and one for the wife)

I've just got to say how amazed I was with it! I basically went with it becasue it had the most features for the price.

It ended up FREE phone, £25/month but the place I got it from give you 9 months refund on the line rental. So it works out at £75 line rental for the year with 240 cross network anytime mins for the 1st 6months and 120 cross network anytime mins for the last 6 months. So that's £6.25/month with all the calls included - bargain!!!

I also just purchased 2 512MB mini SD cards to use in them £68 for both inc p&p is that good??? £34 each.

Is there any recommended apps for these phones?? I am going to buy TomTom Mobile for my phone and I've got beta player running to watch converted dvd's.

And before anyone asks yes I can hear the tsst noise when playing mp3's/wma's through the headphones but only when I turn the volume up. Haven't tried on my wifes yet!

Guest gpcarreon (MVP)

Congrats on your new phone :lol:

Try these:

1. Binary's SmartExplorer or RESCO's File Explorer

2. Xetra's Xbar2 (latest is 2.5)

3. Papyrus calendar program

4. SMS Notify

ClearVue suite if you want to be able to view word/excel/powerpoint/pdf documents (i.e. if you want to see e-mail attachments while on the road).

Fizz Traveller 2 for weather forecast on your home screen, for conversions (currency rates updates over the air), alarms etc.

Guest celica1.8st

Thanks for the replies.

Can I have an explanation of what some of those programs do please? :lol:

I know what clearVue does as it came with a demo, I already have betaplayer which I downloaded.

I can guess what Virtual Pool does! and tudor explained what Fizz traveller does.

Are the other programs freeware or commercial?? I think I downloaded Xbar but I wasn't sure what it does. Also what does SMS Notify do?? I already get a beep when I get an SMS!!!

Also did the price of the phones and the Mini-SD cards sound OK??

Cheers

:(

Guest celica1.8st

I think I was just reading one of your other posts (tudor) about Fizz Traveller 2. I wanted an alarm app which would only do days of the week, and found another thread. So I may take a look for that one!

I'm just worried about it using GPRS to download Weather and stuff I don't really want. Will it as standard?? I did read something about being able to use a pass-through connection - but I wasn't sure what that was!

I'm guessing it lets you use your pc internet connection on your mobile?? If so that would be cool - does the phone let you do that as standard??

Yes, you can use pass-through. In the phone's menu, go to Settings -> More... -> Data Connections and set all the bits there to Automatic. This way, if a pass-through connection is available, it will be preferentially used by any program.

In Fizz Traveller you can set automatic updates if you want. You can, however, do as I do: update manually the weather forecast and currency rates when I get home, using the pass-through connection.

See this post about the data traffic, in case you consider using GPRS. It's not much - a few quid per month worth of traffic.