How important is cheap GPRS to you?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

Regular members will know i've been banging on about - and working on - this for a while... and so here's a little poll!

It would be REALLY useful if as many people filled it in as possible.

The question is simple... If a UK network came up with a special GPRS plan for MoDaCo members (let's say, for arguments sake, £10 per month with an Acceptable Use Limit of 100MB per month - enforced as per the current AUPs), would you use it, and also, would you switch from your current provider if it was a different network?

Portal readers can submit the poll in the left hand column, readers viewing this in the main forum can find the poll at the top of the post.

Thanks for your input!

Regards,

P

Guest chucky.egg

Are you kidding!

£10 - 100Mb, I'd have your bloody arm off!

This would change how I use my phone SOOOO much, and I would definately consider swapping networks for it (depends on the network coverage and tariffs of course!)

Everybody vote in this poll or I'll send my kid around to dribble on you!

I'd pay for flat-rate GPRS - I don't like to have it limited, although I don't think I'll ever use more than 100MB. I just want to be able to get my e-mail headers and download full e-mails once in a while, update weather and currency rates... stuff like this.

It's just the sound of it - to have limits - to watch your every download, or to think "why am I paying for 100MB when I barely use it?".

Without a doubt I'd be interested, however it would depend on network, as coverage is a bit restricted where I live.

Mind you, for a tenner a month, I might get it anyway for use when I'm away from home.

Guest markthebaggie

Having just signed up to 2 x 18 month contracts with T-Mobile, would have to wait until the end of contracts before a switch, but would be a real business asset to have access to email and internet at a reasonable cost. I just hope it is with T-Mobile...

Guest inspectorgadjet

I would so definitely go for this in a heartbeat.

Just out of interest, I am sure I read on one of the forums the other day that t-mobile will be offering the Blackberry type service for the MDA III in the UK (hopefully next month) for £8.51 + vat per month. They also said it would include 50mb data. I don't know if that's a rumour or not, and I can't for the life of me find the post it was in either, or I would link to it...I promise. If that happens I will so be doing that.

Guest Pondrew
I would so definitely go for this in a heartbeat.

Just out of interest, I am sure I read on one of the forums the other day that t-mobile will be offering the Blackberry type service for the MDA III in the UK (hopefully next month) for £8.51 + vat per month. They also said it would include 50mb data. I don't know if that's a rumour or not, and I can't for the life of me find the post it was in either, or I would link to it...I promise. If that happens I will so be doing that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've heard similar but didn't quite understand it. Seemed too good so I assumed it was business only.

As for the poll, living in a poor signal area I'd only jump networks to a network that definately had signal coverage...

basically all I want is to be able to use my phone the same way as I use my data card. eg my orange, or vodafone datacard have large amounts of bundled data but no voice calls. My Voice SIMs charge upwareds of £1 a meg for data. I just would like to see both on the same SIM. :lol:

Guest nedge2k

This is a difficult one...but i prolly would switch.

Im on O2 PAYG. I get 300 free texts and unlimited GPRS for £10 p/m BUT O2 uses a fairly limited HTTP proxy so u can only really use it for web access...unless you hook up the phone to the lappy and and set proxies up for irc/msn etc.

They would need to offer similar or cheaper call rates and/or a similar free text bundle for me to commit.

Guest damianbyrne

I don't really use GPRS on my personal phone that much (MSN Messenger and occasional email checking), but at work my PDA phones (iMate Pocket PC and XDA2s) are hammering the GPRS while testing...... Im just glad its not my bill, so somethinglike this woul be great for companies IMO

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.