How important is cheap GPRS to you?

Guest PaulOBrien

I'd use GPRS more if it were cheaper but as a casual user can't see me ever using 100MB especially as the connection can be slow and intermittent. Furthermore, the SPV e200 screen really ain't big enough to be a great browser window and that piddily little that joystick does my nut in!

Wouldn't change my network from Orange-

a) they're good

:( they upgrade my phone every year

c) they seem to be the market leaders in integrated systems and that gets my consumer loyalty

:lol:

I wouldn't use 100mb and also wouldn't move from Orange. But if the provider offered other levels of say £2.50 for 25mb, £5 for £50 then I would take up the add on.

Hello,

let me just give you an example here in Lebanon special users at Alfa Network "formely FTML Cellis" have 120MB / month for 22$.

But other normal plans are still somehow expensive.

Guest tsutton

Pretty good, but I'm on 1 year contract which I only started 2 months ago. So I can't change... unless it's on Orange then I may consider. I'm paying £4 for 4MB GPRS and £20 a month for 3,000 txt a month.

Guest colinmunro

I'd probably change network, although the 100Mb limit would still be of concern. Real flat-rate GPRS would be better for me, as I'd like to use the GPRS as a real mobile connection to the internet, not simply for WAP or whatever, which could mean remotely accessing my home machines by RDC or similar and maybe even transferring music out of them as MP3s for me to listen to, as well as e-mail and surfing the internet.

Guest xtyalis

I've just got my SPV M2000 and am dead excited about WiFi surfing at home and work. I can surf on the sofa instead of sitting at the PC.

But I'm dithering over whether to pay the Orange £4/4MB GPRS add-on and have tried not to use GPRS so far. (Most of my commute is underground anyway,)

Still it does seem mad to be afraid to surf on this phone in the street when it can easily do it. I just don't want to end up with a mad bill. I've already signed up to £25/mth just for calls/texts which I probably won't use all of, just to get the M2000 - I was previously paying under £10/mth on Virgin PAYG.

I would definitely go for (say) a £5/50MB add-on with Orange, and maybe £10/100MB. But why can't we have flat rate option like in the US and other countries?

Guest Carzzzer

Actually I don't really care... and I have no clue what a good price for GPRS is! :roll: cause my work pays the bill :lol:

However, I would say that flatrate GPRS is the way to go...

Guest stretchie

Not only would I be interested but I would give you a camel and my sister too....

I pay £8 for 10mb at the moment.. It would be awesome. I use my e-mail on my phone quite alot (get bored while at work), and bills can be high. This would be a godsend

Guest Confucious

To all the people who say they wouldn't use that much and want 50Mb for £5 or want completely unlimited I would like to point out that 100Mb is, in effect unlimited. The whole point is to give you GPRS with a known cost. It's like unlimited Broadband with an Acceptable Use Policy, no one is going to get anywhere near 100Mb in a month I think the cap is just there to cover their backs. so it should be seen as unmetered and thought of in that context, it also means presumeably that the phone company doesn't have to measure people (Unless they are downloading vast amounts and look like they could go over the limit so makes it easier and simplifies billing for them.

Judging by the response so far to this thread there would be a massive demand for this.

Bring it on!

I think the cap is just there to cover their backs.

They should do a market study for that and cover their backs by statistics. They should be able to afford a few users with very high traffic, as long as the average traffic is under the level that they get the money for.

Guest Alex_le_brit
,Feb 10 2005, 14:04]The question is simple... If a UK network came up with a special GPRS plan for MoDaCo members (let's say, for arguments sake, £10 per month with an Acceptable Use Limit of 100MB per month -

I live in France, land of the really really expensive GPRS usage, good luck in getting this in the UK, maybe if you can do it there, we over here can use it as a precedent.

Edited by Alex_le_brit

Guest PsychoDave

Oh yeah sign me up please.

The only time I really used my phone to it's full potential was last year (or was it the year before?) when the email promo was on.

Without a doubt I would switch to who ever had a reasonable package on offer.

Here's hoping anyways

Guest GothTeddy

I've got 12 months before I can switch again, but if T-Mobile offered it, inside that timeframe, I'd go for it. If it were on Orange, I'd switch back once my 12 months on T-Mobile are up (maybe a little sooner).

Guest petehall347

:twisted:

To all the people who say they wouldn't use that much and want 50Mb for £5 or want completely unlimited I would like to point out that 100Mb is, in effect unlimited. The whole point is to give you GPRS with a known cost. It's like unlimited Broadband with an Acceptable Use Policy, no one is going to get anywhere near 100Mb in a month I think the cap is just there to cover their backs. so it should be seen as unmetered and thought of in that context, it also means presumeably that the phone company doesn't have to measure people (Unless they are downloading vast amounts and look like they could go over the limit so makes it easier and simplifies billing for them.

Judging by the response so far to this thread there would be a massive demand for this.

Bring it on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:twisted: i dont know about that i could easy use 100mb in 1 evening.!! as i use gprs as my only internet connection

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.