HILAlarm Plugin for 2003

Guest DocBru

Guest Baddass

cool little plugin there mate ;) has anyone managed to get this plugin working with the "orange" homescreen, as i kinda like that HS myself.....cant understand why they left the quick access to the alarm out of it!

Guest dfruk
btw unfortunately there is only three actions (joystick press, left, right) which I can use... up / down is used by windows for navigating between the plugins

You could write a separate application (single form) which would enable/disable/set alarm (kinda like it's done in Control Panel) and start it when homescreen plugin is action clicked...

just an idea...

Guest chucky.egg

There is a small app that controls the alarm functions from one screen, as you describe, so you could just use that and assign it to a speed dial

Can't remember the name of the app/author, but it's probably in the Freeware downloads section

[edit]

Here it is...

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?act=dscrip...etails&f_id=616

[/edit]

Edited by chucky.egg

Guest chucky.egg

@DocBru

I've seen an odd thing, which I thought was caused by something I was doing but I'm not sure that it is.

If you set the alarm time via this plugin, say to 07:00, you can then turn it on and off as much as you like and it remembers the time setting.

But if you power off/on the phone when the alarm is set to "Off", and then go to turn the alarm on again it seems to put in some random time for the alarm - it doesn't remember the time the alarm was set for.

Is that fixable?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest rohinsadh1

O2 xPhoneII - WM2003 - HILAlarm

I set an alarm for say 7:30 & used it for a few days...worked fine...

Then I set the alarm for say 8:30...problem, it went off at 7:30 which I dismissed & it went off again at 8:30.

In both instances, I checked the date & time functionality to re-check the time set & it was as I had set it using HILAlarm....

Plse help as I dont want to wake up at both the timing ;-)

• 5 weeks later...
Guest spazzwig
O2 xPhoneII - WM2003 - HILAlarm

I set an alarm for say 7:30 & used it for a few days...worked fine...

Then I set the alarm for say 8:30...problem, it went off at 7:30 which I dismissed & it went off again at 8:30.

In both instances, I checked the date & time functionality to re-check the time set & it was as I had set it using HILAlarm....

Plse help as I dont want to wake up at both the timingĀ  ;-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This appears to be a bug in Windows Mobile. If you set a new time without turning the old one off first then you get this "ghost" alarm. I found out the hard way... with my alarm going off 4 times a day!

I had to hard reset to get rid of it, but you can try first turning off your current time, then change it back to 7:30, turn that on then off again, and then set the time you want. If you're lucky that will reset the "ghost" alarm to off...

Now I use a seperate alarm/alerts program... the built in one is too buggy for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest dusticus

Ok, I got this working in WM5 (T-Mobile SDA Music)

I am in the process of seting up my own home screen, and this little SOB is making me tear my hair out.

The layout is as follows - At the bottom of the screen, I have (using Orange): AlarmTxt | Profile

I have two seperate issues:

1. When scrolling from AlarmTxt on the left to Profile on the right, the AlarmTxt portion disappears. If I scroll back left it re-appears. Likewise when I scroll from AlarmTxt to Profile, and then hit up instead of scrolling back left, the AlarmTxt disappears completely, and the Profile moves on the screen to the left hand side, as if the AlarmTxt and plugin were gone completely.

I have similiar setups with Orange and multiple selectable plugins per line, but the alarm is the only one that disappears.

2. Since I have two plugins on one line, the set function of this plugin does not work. This is acceptable, I only want to be able to turn the alarm on and off. If I use the plugin to change the alarm state to on, then scroll off the plugin and back onto it, the alarm state automatically changes itself back to OFF again. This does not happen when I set the alarm the original way, nor if I leave the plugin in the Set Alarm state. Only when I turn the alarm on through the plugin and then de-reselect it.

Otherwise, thanks for the plugin!

Facade.home.xml