Multiple Bluetooth serial devices

Guest jeffrey.siegel@activ

I'm wondering if anyone else has tried this...

When I have multiple Bluetooth GPS devices configured, none of them will work. I need to delete the device that isn't being used with Settings/Bluetooth/Bluetooth. Then the one that is left will work fine.

I'm also wondering if this will have an effect with Bluetooth keyboards. Has anyone tried a configuration where there is a Bluetooth keyboard and a Bluetooth GPS installed?

Having multiple GPS devices isn't very unusual. I have one that is built-in on my boat and another that I carry with me when I'm in the dinghy or exploring around on land.

Cheers!

Guest celica1.8st

I read another article on here which was talking about tomtom, and that said you could use a bluetooth headset at the same time as the GPS receiver.

I guess it just can't handle two of the same type of device????

I guess it just can't handle two of the same type of device????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, I'm wondering if two devices using the Serial Port Protocol over Bluetooth can be configured at the same time. Since there is only one COM mapping for input from the Bluetooth device (COM7) there isn't a way to *USE* two devices at the same time. I'm finding that there is no way to have two devices configured either.

A headset doesn't use the Serial Port Protocol. A keyboard probably will. I don't think that many people will be happy if they have to reconfigure their keyboard every time they want to use their GPS.

Does anyone have more than one serial device configured over Bluetooth?