Unlock Code from T-Mobile

Guest badlad

Cool - i plan on doing this too.  Was impressed they only make you wait a month, and its a fiver cheaper than getting a C500 unlocked! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They only make you wait a month if its a new contract ..... my missus has been with them ages so they do it straight away .... well i say straight away .... i asked for a code last saturday .... nothing yet

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

The bloke at customer services told me they have to go via the manufacturer to get the code. Whether this is actually true or not i dont know, but it adds another 28 days to the process...

Guest coolcatshaft

okay... i had a missed call followed by a voicemail from tmobile regarding my request for an unlock code.

apparently the unlock codes haven't arrived from HTC yet so cannot be sent in the post, but there is another way to unlock the handset, but its quite complicated and a tmobile engineer would have to talk me through the process... apparently.

read from that what you will. he said he'd try calling again but hasnt yet. will let you all know what happens/

Bloke on the phone told me 15 quid...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh my goodness.

T Mobile customer support make Orange look great !!!!

They assure me (after hanging up on me twice) that the only other way to do this is to go to some back street hacker and get them to look at it ..... other than that we just have to wait :lol:

I've had to go back to my c500 cause the Jam is on the missus account and she wants her phone back :(

Guest Monolithix [MVP]

How do you mean? Orange make you wait 6 months, charge 25 quid + VAT and pay off your contract (i think)....tmob want a month delay and 15 quid....

Guest Biglad_UK

So has anyone got theres yet ?

I'm with Orange but can't wait for them to release there so I'm going to get one on T-Mobile but only when I know they are giving out codes or theres a cracker doing the rounds.

So has anyone get theres yet ?

coolcatshaft, did you get the call back ?

Si

How do you mean?  Orange make you wait 6 months, charge 25 quid + VAT and pay off your contract (i think)....tmob want a month delay and 15 quid....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I mean, I allways speak to freindly helpfull people who value me as a customer and try to help were they can ..... not miserable middle aged women who to be honest dont really care and never will ..... and if they've cant be bothered to listen anymore ..... then theres allways the red disconnect button.

Guest coolcatshaft

hi guys, sorry to keep you hanging...

basically t-mobile have been ringing me since last thursday as they wanted to go through the unlock process with me for their benefit too as apparently i'm the first person to request it on the MDAcompact. but being a dentist i can't always answer my phone, until this morning...

all they did is give the unlock code to type in while they waited on the landline to make sure it had work. i think it was 7 or 8 digit numerical code that they somehow derived from my IMEI. so basically i just put an orange sim in, it asked for the unlock code, the lady spoke it over the phone as i input it on the MDA, lo and behold i had network coverage with orange. done!

the £15 should be on my next bill. i've only been with t-mobile for 2 weeks now so they are obviously not too strict on the one month delay.

hi guys, sorry to keep you hanging...

basically t-mobile have been ringing me since last thursday as they wanted to go through the unlock process with me for their benefit too as apparently i'm the first person to request it on the MDAcompact. but being a dentist i can't always answer my phone, until this morning...

all they did is give the unlock code to type in while they waited on the landline to make sure it had work. i think it was  7 or 8 digit numerical code that they somehow derived from my IMEI. so basically i just put an orange sim in, it asked for the unlock code, the lady spoke it over the phone as i input it on the MDA, lo and behold i had network coverage with orange. done!

the £15 should be on my next bill. i've only been with t-mobile for 2 weeks now so they are obviously not too strict on the one month delay.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Joy ..... as i changed my Jam for a new one, my IMEI code has changed - am I going to have to request a new code again or ? (the girl in the t mobile shop said i wouldnt .... but reading the above i'm not sure i belive her).

Guest coolcatshaft
Joy ..... as i changed my Jam for a new one, my IMEI code has changed - am I going to have to request a new code again or ? (the girl in the t mobile shop said i wouldnt .... but reading the above i'm not sure i belive her).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

dunno mate, when i first requested my unlock code the bloke asked for my IMEI number which is why i thought the unlock code is based on it. most handsets work that way. if not, the code they gave me would work for everyone, may be i should have written it down! was too excited! :lol:

• 1 month later...
Guest FragMeister

I think that they are getting stricter. yesterday I phoned up and they said, sorry our systems wont allow this, as you havent been a customer for a month yet (my contract started on 16/2/05). Called them again this morning and they said sure, how would you like to pay for your "subsidy pin" (as they call it).

They are still saying that they need to contact the manufactuer and request the code, and then they will post it out when they get it.

How long have others had to wait for this to arrive?

Guest xda-rocks

I got my MDA3 from TMo back November and they unlocked it for £15 next day - two weeks later I had to get a replacement and they sent unlocked code via email within 24 hours.

Guest Uisdean

Yeah, I couldn't be bothered to wait when Tmobile told me it'd be a month. Got mine unlocked at www.imei-check.co.uk, took 5 minutes from start to finish, worked like a charm.

Guest FragMeister

impressed with the speed of service of t-mob.

requested the unlock code on 16/3, and it arrived in the post on 18/3.

note: if you get it, and the length of the number in the letter is too long, lose some of the leading zeroes.

now using my lovely O2 payg sim, and have already used enough "free" gprs to repay the £15 charge!