How can I delete/move shortcuts on the Start menu?

On my E200 I can delete and move any file on the phones storage as much as I like but if I try and move any files (specifically the Home and Start Menu folders) I get an access denied, the file may be read only error. This is very annoying as the root of my start menu is cluttered with applications I'll never use (ActiveSync for example) that I really want to move to the accessories or like sub-menus but can't.

Help? Thanks in advance.

p.s - Is Xbar version 1 compatible with the C500? I hold the camera button down but nothing happens. It works on my E200.

Guest xenophobe

You need to application unlock your phone. Search for No Warez and follow the directions.

To arrainge the start menu, you need to either edit the registry or use the provided Favoirtes Manager in the Resource Mgmt. Folder.

Hope that helps.

You need to application unlock your phone.  Search for No Warez and follow the directions.

It is application unlocked or at least I think it is. I tried to application unlock it using the two OTA links but the site would site there for well over 5 minutes saying "tranferring data from www . . ." in the bottom left hand corner or Mozilla or IE.

I then noticed in my SMS deleted items to text messages from Orange with nothing in them except to say "Orange Update". I don't know why they weren't in my Inbox.

I've since installed Binary's Smart Explorer without issue which I understand you must have an unlocked phone to use.

I'll try the application unlock again.

To arrainge the start menu, you need to either edit the registry or use the provided Favoirtes Manager in the Resource Mgmt. Folder.

Hope that helps.

I take it you mean the shortcuts on the desktop? As I meant to move things around using Windows Explorer.

What Resource Management folder?

Yes you have been helpful thanks.

Thanks again. I tried the OTA link again and this time it worked properly and gave me the correction screen. I then got the relevant message on my phone too.

Yipeey.

FYI I wasn't able to find the link for No Warez just lots of info about it. Not that it matters now as I'm happier using the "official" unlock method anyway.

Guest xenophobe

I'm not sure about the C500... it's identical to the SMT 5600 that I have, but some of the folders are a little different, so sorry for any confusion.

I do know that it has a 2 tier application lock, mine would let me install unsigned stuff, but wouldn't let me delete a lot of stuff until I completely decertified it....

I do know that it has a 2 tier application lock, mine would let me install unsigned stuff, but wouldn't let me delete a lot of stuff until I completely decertified it....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The C500 must be the same. Thanks again.

If you want to move something from Start Menu (to organise it with other folders of your own, for ex.) try the original Explorere that is included with your phone. I've tried with other Explorers and it is not working (RESCO Explorer, Smart Explorer, aso), also is not working from PC. It does work though with the original explorer of the pone.

One other way is to appl. unlock the phone. Than you can move anything you want with any explorer including from the PC. Though, the ORDER of the items in Start Menu cannot be changed this way. You should either find a program to do it or change the following registry key

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Shell\StartMenu

You have there "Order"... with all your "original" applications and their shown order.

Careful when changing it. I had to do a hard reset once after messing with the registry.

cheers,

Guest mcwarre

Easy way is to app unlock then install jeyo personal organiser. Use jeyo to move the order of just one item. Reboot the phone then use windows explorer to move items/add folders etc. Much, much, easier than registry hacking :lol: :(

• 4 weeks later...