WMP 10 Album Art Confusion *New Question*

Guest jimmyz

So I finally got my hands on an SD card for my SMT5600 so I could use WMP 10 as a mobile MP3 player. It syncs perfectly with WMP 10 on my Windows XP machine, and the album art gets transferred along with the audio files automatically.

The problem is this. When using WMP 10 on the desktop PC, you get a side pane that shows what files are currently on the SMT5600. If you highlight them and tell WMP to delete them, it gives you an error stating that it could not be removed since there were non-media files in the folder. It appears that the album art .jpg's that media player places in the folder with the audio files, prevents itself from being able to delete any music from the device.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Essentially Microsoft built WMP to be able to put music onto the phone, but not remove it. :shock:

Guest ThatTree

Jimmy:

I came to the same conclusion you did regarding WMP 10 and deletion -- they just didn't think about album art on portable devices when implementing the Sync screen's Delete From Device function.

What I do right before syncing in new files is to delete using ActiveSync (on the desktop), which has an Explore button. Just go to My Smartphone > Storage Card > Music and then delete unwanted files and folders.