Driver privileges

Guest venomgames

Guest venomgames

I am trying to install a currently-unsigned beta device driver which supposedly should work on my C500. My C500 is unlocked, using Orange's OTA service.

When I try to install the driver I get the message "this driver does not have sufficient privileges" then a screen saying "xxxxx.cab failed to install on your device".

Anyone able to shed any light on what causes this? I used to get something very similar when trying to install the keyboard driver for a fabric keyboard on my older first-gen SPV but I cant remember what the workaround was (I have a nasty feeling it involved a registry hack of some sort)

Any help appreciated

Peter Johnson

I am trying to install a currently-unsigned beta device driver which supposedly should work on my C500. My C500 is unlocked, using Orange's OTA service.

When I try to install the driver I get the message "this driver does not have sufficient privileges" then a screen saying "xxxxx.cab failed to install on your device".

Anyone able to shed any light on what causes this? I used to get something very similar when trying to install the keyboard driver for a fabric keyboard on my older first-gen SPV but I cant remember what the workaround was (I have a nasty feeling it involved a registry hack of some sort)

Any help appreciated

Peter Johnson

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what's this driver for? and are u 100% sure it's for the SPV C500? i used to get message like this "xxxxx failed to install on your device" when i tried to install apps/games/utils which were not designed specifically for Windows Mobile Smartphones... (i was trying to install (by mistake) sw for Windows Mobile but for PPC)

but the first part "this driver does not have sufficient privileges" is strange, 'cause usually it's displaying only when you have locked phone, but you say you have unlocked your phone.. maybe it's because it's really not meant for Smartphones..

Guest venomgames

Thanks for the reply,

The driver is for a bluetooth keyboard, and the authors know I am on a C500 smartphone.

I am on a beta program and the driver is awaiting signing by Orange, The authors tell me the message means I'll have to wait until they have the signed version back to test it.

I am sure my C500 is OTA unlocked (I did it again to make sure, and it was then able to install an unrelated unsigned app which it had refused to install in the past)

Peter

Thanks for the reply,

The driver is for a bluetooth keyboard, and the authors know I am on a C500 smartphone.

I am on a beta program and the driver is awaiting signing by Orange, The authors tell me the message means I'll have to wait until they have the signed version back to test it.

I am sure my C500 is OTA unlocked (I did it again to make sure, and it was then able to install an unrelated unsigned app which it had refused to install in the past)

Peter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well... then hope they (Orange) will sign it soon :lol:

i'm trying to unlock my C500 (through the developers site) for two days now, but still no luck :(