NOT RECOMMENDED: Boxwave Screen Protectors

Guest Raven001

Guest Raven001

I just want you guys to know of my poor experience with Boxwave Corp. I bought a screen protector for my smt5600 because I had heard great things about their similar protectors for the Treo600.

What a mistake!

Here are some of the things that have made my experience so frustrating! :

1. Double Order -- by some glitch in the system, they sent me 2 screen protectors instead of one (thus overcharging my bank account as well). I finally got a refund... a month later!

2. Crappy Product -- I can't believe an overpriced screen protector can be this awful! I have literally reapplied it dozens of times, but there are "bubbles" along the edges of the screen that will simply NOT go away. While, under standard use, they're not noticible, they sure are a pain if there's any reflection-glare!

I've e-mailed Boxwave MANY times about this problem (with pictures!) and was told: "The ClearTouch needs time to conform to the surface of the screen after it's been applied." Bull! After a month of use, the problem certainly hasn't gotten any better!

Ugh.. so frustrating... now I've got to shell out again for another protector - Right now I'm trying to decide between Martin Fields and JAVOEdge....

If you haven't decided yet and you want a screen protector, I would definitly recommend the Javoedge screen protectors. I bought one, and I'm ordering more for backup because it is an excellent screen protector (just make sure you don't actually bend a corner - they're so sturdy that if you bend a corner, it's hard to rebend it to be totally flat). I've used screen protectors on my electronics for years, trying various high quality and low quality brands, and this is probably one of the clearest and bubblefree, bumpfree, and trouble free protectors I've dealt with.

Evan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GravityArc

I had the EXACT same problems with my BoxWave screen protectors. The ENGIRE perimiter was one big bubble and it never went away. They tried to say it was that it was dirty, so I washed it, but it didn't help. Then they said they "don't do returns" but they'll exchange it. I told them I obviously don't want ANOTHER one, and then they FINALLY fessed up to the fact that it doesn't work because the screen is not flat. They say they'll send me a refund, but I doubt I'll see it.

Stay away from their screen protectors. They're garbage.

Guest Raven001
I had the EXACT same problems with my BoxWave screen protectors.  The ENGIRE perimiter was one big bubble and it never went away.  They tried to say it was that it was dirty, so I washed it, but it didn't help.  Then they said they "don't do returns" but they'll exchange it.  I told them I obviously don't want ANOTHER one, and then they FINALLY fessed up to the fact that it doesn't work because the screen is not flat.  They say they'll send me a refund, but I doubt I'll see it.

Stay away from their screen protectors.  They're garbage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey GravityArc.. I'm sorry about your experience but it sounds like we're in the same boat! Did you find another screen protector that works for you?

I am tempted to try javoedge, but I read somewhere that Boxwave Screen Protectors and Javo Edge's are made by the same company. Maybe Martin Fields, then?

• 1 month later...
Guest Catapult
Hey GravityArc.. I'm sorry about your experience but it sounds like we're in the same boat!  Did you find another screen protector that works for you?

I am tempted to try javoedge, but I read somewhere that Boxwave Screen Protectors and Javo Edge's are made by the same company.  Maybe Martin Fields, then?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've found it much cheaper (and easier) to use some of my old screen protectors from my pocketPC and cut them to fit. I bought them a long time ago for my Audiovox Maestro and a 10 pack was about $15. I can make 2 protectors with one sheet and about 5 minutes worh with a scissors. Works well for my wife's SE T637 too. Also, this is vastly cheaper than the stuff I've seen mentioned here.

I dont see the point in wasting time and money with crappy unreliable companies to try and protect the screen of something that will be more use as a door stop than a phone/pda in twelve month time.

Make the most of the product you got, throw it at your mate when your pissed, and put the money you saved on screen protectors towards a new one when its broke.

Works 4 Me

Guest sheltem
I dont see the point in wasting time and money with crappy unreliable companies to try and protect the screen of something that will be more use as a door stop than a phone/pda in twelve month time.

Make the most of the product you got, throw it at your mate when your pissed, and put the money you saved on screen protectors towards a new one when its broke.

Works 4 Me

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bought the fellowes generic PDA screen protectors at bestbuy for $15. It comes with 12 sheets. Since the sheets are big, you can get 4 screen protectors from one sheet. Plus since it's generic, they have lines that make it a lot easier to cut the sheets down to the appropriate size.