Changing Profiles

Guest bewo

Hi,

I am a smartphone newbie, and I'm trying to develop a small app which changes the smartphone profiles.

I've managed to change the ActiveProfile in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\\Profiles

However when I try to broadcast the changes using

SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SETTINGCHANGE,0,(LPARAM)(LPCTSTR)"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\\Profiles")

SendMessage returns non-zero.

Is there an alternative way of changing the profiles or a way to reload the registry?

Thanks

Hi,

I am a smartphone newbie, and I'm trying to develop a small app which changes the smartphone profiles.

I've managed to change the ActiveProfile in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\\Profiles

SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST, WM_SETTINGCHANGE,0,(LPARAM)(LPCTSTR)"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\ControlPanel\\Profiles")

Is there an alternative way of changing the profiles or a way to reload the registry?

Thanks

have to say that the method I use is a variant on that found in the registry example in the sdk

have to say that the method I use is a variant on that found in the registry example in the sdk

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you could post the variant, that would be ace. Which example are you refering to in the SDK?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest zero_divide_1
Hi,

Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you figure out how to do this, please let me know. I have been working on this problem for about 3 days now, and all I can say is that the file "profiles.exe" must be using some undocumented API call to change the profiles (I did the same thing you have written, but it doesn't seem to update anything), but I can't get the file off the emulator or off my MPx220 because its a ROM file. Anybody know how to get the file out so that I can "reverse" engineer it? That would help a lot!

If you figure out how to do this, please let me know. I have been working on this problem for about 3 days now, and all I can say is that the file "profiles.exe" must be using some undocumented API call to change the profiles (I did the same thing you have written, but it doesn't seem to update anything), but I can't get the file off the emulator or off my MPx220 because its a ROM file. Anybody know how to get the file out so that I can "reverse" engineer it? That would help a lot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I managed to change the profiles without a reboot using simulated key presses. I simulated the quick list launch button, and then the corresponding key for the profile.

• 3 months later...
Guest maniac103

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are still interested - I hope so, as I have the same problem :) - here is the file.

Please let me know if you find out something.

profiles.exe