MoDaCo Lottery Syndicate

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul [MVP]

I'd do it as a 'lottery subscription', i.e. payment of 6 months up front or so (we'd have to decide which days we wanted to do).

Any win under tenner each would go in a pot that would be dished out just before xmas to the participants, and it'd be capped at a set number, depending on the interest.

The downside of the subscription model is cost, e.g. a year of saturdays is obviously 52 quid, 104 quid both days.

Collecting on a more regular basis would be too much of a nightmare :lol:

P

Guest Paul [MVP]

So, Wednesday and Saturday or just Saturday?

We would make it a bit cheaper by having, say, 10 lines between 20 people (which makes it 52 quid for a year of both days)...

Please post below if you are interested, and on what cost level you would be interested.

P

Guest philgriffiths

What about either just Saturday for a years subscrition or both days for six months, whichever more poeple want to go for?

I would prefer the number of people to equal the number of lines as i think it simply increases chances of winning something so therefore we would have more money at the end. But i dont mind too much either way.

What game would we play? main lotto? thunderball or what? Reckon we might get a bit more money out of the thunderball than the main game.

Guest philgriffiths

I think the lotto draw is only open to UK residents, but as its a syndicate i'm not quite sure how it would work since it would be someone in the UK buying the ticket

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lisa123

There is an alternative to doing a Lottery Syndicate yourself. They is at least one company which does it for you.

The one I know covers the UK Lotto and Euro Millions - works out about £5 for a share of 88 Lines per week. Governed by the UK Lotteries Syndicate

IF you would like the web address just ask me. I dont want to post it as I've just joined this forum and I'm not 100% sure of the rules for including links

Lisa

Guest Belgarath Krall
No, open to anyone, just drop me a PM :D

P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the mind is willing but the student loan says no...*sigh*

i'm gonna kick myself when u win the jackpot, how much would it work out to for 6 months worth of subs for this?

Guest chucky.egg
I would prefer the number of people to equal the number of lines as i think it simply increases chances of winning something so therefore we would have more money at the end. But i dont mind too much either way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not so sure it's that simple, but I'd agree with that. More lines = more chances

I'd rather not know "my" numbers (not a problem in practice... goldfish call me forgetfull)

Of course now we're going to need a Smartphone app to check the numbers twice a week and compare them to the list of numbers we're entering... :D

Guest philgriffiths
I'd rather not know "my" numbers (not a problem in practice... goldfish call me forgetfull) 

I'd agree with that. probably best not to assign specific lines of numbers to individual people.

Edit: sorry. missed the word 'not' out :oops:

Edited by philgriffiths

Guest chucky.egg

Er, not sure what you mean.

I'd assumed that the people in the syndicate all got a share of any winnings the syndicate made, so "owning" a line iisn't relevant.

I meant that I do not want to know my numbers, cos f I ever stop taking part and then see those number come up I'll be sick!