How do you send a file via BlueTooth?

Guest Chimpanzee

Guest dazultra2000

OK, first we need to distinguish between the 2 OSes...

In the olden days there was "Smartphone" and "PocketPC"

Then they became "Windows Mobile for Smartphone" and "Windows Mobile for PocketPC" and then some slight variations of that now.

They are quite different OSes, they have similar appearances because they are both made by microsoft.

With the release of the upcoming "Magneto", supposedly it will be the same OS for both smartphones and pocketPCs...

but on our current devices it's either pocketpc or smartphone software depending on what device you have - not both.

As for the virus thing, pocketPC viruses have been around for much longer. The one in question on that site is for SymbianOS (popular with nokia and sonyericsson smartphone handsets like the 6600, 7610, P800, P900). The "trick" to it is to only accept incoming files from people you trust, or files you're expecting. Anything else just delete it - it's no different to email spam.

And that does sound like Orange to disable bluetooth file transfers - need a decent file manager...STAT!

Guest Chimpanzee
Er, I once spoke to an Orange member of staff who confirmed more or less that it would lose them revenue. Have to text or email it, see? As in photo's etc. 25p per send. Nice.

What if we all ran around sending things for free?!?

That is why they would do it. And it appears to be only Orange.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Orange SPV M2000 is advertised as being a BlueTooth device. I would never have bought it if i'd had know that you cannot send files to other devices via BlueTooth.

Calling a device a BlueTooth device implies that you can do this. This is therefore false advertising, surely?!?!?!?!

Even in the manual gives you instructions on sending a file via BlueTooth, backing up my theory that Orange don't have a clue what they're doing! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

I've been using a trial of Resco File Explorer, has add ons for registry and ftp too - have been very impressed. Trial ran out this week so will almost certainly be buying it this weekend, at a mere $25 (which lets face it, at current exchange rates is minimal) I think it's worth it. You just click-hold on an item, select Send To > Bluetooth Recipient, pick the relevant one and away you go.

Easy Peasy.

If you're in doubt get the trial like I did, they seem to do it for LOADS of variants of both PocketPC devices and SmartPhone devices.

Resco Website

Guest Chaser81

Incidentally, the "Send via Bluetooth" option doesn't work at all on the I-Mate Jam (or at least on mine). The option doesnt even appear on the menu. I presume it has something to do with the Jam using a different Bluetooth stack than the Blue Angel?

Guest shack77
Incidentally, the "Send via Bluetooth" option doesn't work at all on the I-Mate Jam (or at least on mine). The option doesnt even appear on the menu. I presume it has something to do with the Jam using a different Bluetooth stack than the Blue Angel?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I said different aliases, I meant Blue Angel runs the same as your device, Resco will work for you too.

Am I being thick? I've forgotten all the aliases!! I'm trying to do this at work, and all my data for the devices on my home pc.

Edited by shack77

Guest shack77

On the other hand, the problem is solved for the original query, apparently. Just yours left.

(Don't know how to do the multi reply thing yet)

And to The Vinester...

Orange knows exactly what it's doing, have no doubt. Making money. It's a business, after all. Giving us free stuff is not in their interests.

Guest Chimpanzee
And to The Vinester...

Orange knows exactly what it's doing, have no doubt. Making money. It's a business, after all. Giving us free stuff is not in their interests.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Selfish b*eds!!!!!!!!!!!!! No christmas card for them this year!!!!!!!!

Guest shack77

Is this what we're talking about?

www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=199131&hl=

Or am I losing it?

I just want a world where my alarm clock gives me a nudge as it turns on my teasmaid and toaster, so that when I go downstairs my morning is half complete. Bluetooth could do this for me. I'm off to invent.

And all controlled by my all singing, all dancing spv whatever.

From which this was typed! Wow!

Guest Chimpanzee

Nope, that seems like something else.

Seems the only way aroud THIS problem is to download a new file explorer; Smart Explorer or Resco File Explorer are a couple of suggestions.

I propose that all owners of the SPV M2000 launch a mass moan to orange to get a software update.

See my appeal

Edited by Chimpanzee

Guest shack77
Nope, that seems like something else.

Seems the only way aroud THIS problem is to download a new file explorer; Smart Explorer or Resco File Explorer are a couple of suggestions.

I propose that all owners of the SPV M2000 launch a mass moan to orange to get a software update.

See my appeal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With ya, kid!! Even though I don't own an M2000, I still think it should be possible right from the start.

i have the resco explorer with "send to > bluetooth recepient" but doesnt work with my XDA IIs.

when i select a device and hit "Send", it gives an error "the connection to the peer bluetooth device failed" EVERYTIME. :lol:

Guest theanarch1st

well i've had a few results with the Beam File option, it seems that if the device you are trying to send to supports Obex file transfer then the beam function is out the window as far as i can see. however settin up the Obex works wonders and i can do as i please sending n receiving files

when it comes to devices which don't support Obex file transfer or that do but won't send the request out (such as my brothers motorla A1000 on 3) then i can send a contact via bluetooth but the file won't budge a bit by resco however the phone does appear from time to time in beam file but again no moving

my friend has an M1000 and he can see my M2000 and send me stuff via Btooth normal file explorer however i can't send him nethin but contacts which i found rather interesting. eventually after an hour of turning my btooth on and off messing with settings it found his phone in beam sent 1 file then lost him again.

My experience with upgrading the Btooth stack also didn't really do much except make it easier to find devices in the Btooth manager

Guest dazultra2000

Confirmed for M2000 also!

I can send files via bluetooth using build 3900!

It adds an option "Send via bluetooth" when you hold-click a file in file explorer...

wooo!