Back-up Options

Guest Disco Stu

Guest Disco Stu

I seem to have 3 options and was wondering if you guys could shed some light on the differences between them.

1. xBackup - came with the Jam

2. ActiveSync - routine kicks in every time I connect

3. Sprite - what does this do that the other 2 don't ?

Guest DylJones

I've got no idea on differences but I use the Activesync backup myself.

I back up roughly once every 2 days. This may seem paranoid but My phone has been hard reset 8 times in the last 4 months for various reasons and I've lost tons of data so I'm not taking ANY chances.

An activesync backup restores my M1000 to exactly how it was at time of backup (including ALL programs, settings, data, etc).

I have no idea what the others do but this does me nicely! :lol:

Guest spangelsaregreat

Hi,

I have mine set up to do an incremental backup on each connection to the PC through ActiveSync.

The only advantage with XBackup I think is you can do a restore from your MMC/SD card without a PC if it crashes when you are out and about. I do an XBackup once a week just for a belt and braces approach.

Don't know anything about the other one.

Regards

• 1 month later...
Guest chucky.egg

In case anyone else is looking at this question in the future:

Sprite allows you to schedule backups, run automatic backups on "low power" warning, and create a self-extracting backup (so, theoretically, you don't need to client to recover from a power loss)

• 2 months later...
Guest extravagant
In case anyone else is looking at this question in the future:

Sprite allows you to schedule backups, run automatic backups on "low power" warning, and create a self-extracting backup (so, theoretically, you don't need to client to recover from a power loss)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the backup option in Activesync is gray I cant choose it? Also, if my phone crashes completely like it did one time, can I use this backup activesync creates to reflash the phone?

Guest Disco Stu

AS Backup / Restore doesn't work with Smartphones, just Pocket PCs.

I have heard that AS v4 has still not fixed this :evil:

Guest extravagant
AS Backup / Restore doesn't work with Smartphones, just Pocket PCs.

I have heard that AS v4 has still not fixed thisĀ  :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh ok, thx for clearing that up I didn't know.. I wont backup my pocket pc! smartphone is what I'm worried about. I have extended warantee on pocket pc! plus I cant live without a phone!