Backup your Typhoon ROM

Guest puppy

right well there is an issue with the bootloader on the 4.2.1.1 ROM... so i just emergency flashed it with the 4.1.1.4 SPL

I backed up my ROM using tera team pro (r2sd all)

but how to I get the exact file size?

and if I do psdwrite H: blah.bin I get this:

H: - USB Storage-SDC

Drive geometry: 0x3e cyls, 255 t/cyl 63 s/t 512 b/s - 486.34Mbyte

ERROR: Unable to open file typhoonrom.bin - The system cannot find the file spec

ified.

CopyFileToSDCard(typhoonrom.bin:00000000, 4, 0x0, 00000000)

ERROR: Unable to open host/destination file - The system cannot find the file sp

ecified.

any ideas?

drive H will obviously not be accessible as the way the device writes to the sd card is of a different system....

Guest Champ
right well there is an issue with the bootloader on the 4.2.1.1 ROM... so i just emergency flashed it with the 4.1.1.4 SPL

I backed up my ROM using tera team pro (r2sd all)

but how to I get the exact file size?

and if I do psdwrite H: blah.bin I get this:

H: - USB Storage-SDC

Drive geometry: 0x3e cyls, 255 t/cyl 63 s/t 512 b/s - 486.34Mbyte

ERROR: Unable to open file typhoonrom.bin - The system cannot find the file spec

ified.

CopyFileToSDCard(typhoonrom.bin:00000000, 4, 0x0, 00000000)

ERROR: Unable to open host/destination file - The system cannot find the file sp

ecified.

any ideas?

drive H will obviously not be accessible as the way the device writes to the sd card is of a different system....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Use a hex editor to zero out your sd card. Then, do the backup to your sd card. Use the hex editor to view the sd card - now the zeros with be replaced with data up to a point. Copy all the data up to the zeros into a new file and save the file. That will tell you how long the file size.

Thanks for that. I was able to use psdread and it seemed to have saved the image from the card to the computer fine. however I am concerned about the file size.

its like just over 12MB and here on the article its like just under 30MB...

I dont think the image I have created has the OS on it even though I did

r2sd all

any ideas?

How would i go about making it into an NBF file afterward?

I cannot seem to get the option to restore the image from the sdcard using WM2005 (PVT/DVT bootloader)

how do I get that option up?

so frustrating! Sorry, please can some one clarify and help me in this

trying to backup my typhoon ROM and everything using r2sd all

once that has been done, I put the sd card in my card reader. i then use:

psdread H: 0 0x02000000 somefile.img

and shows about 32MB in that file.

next, i format (normally) my miniSD card.

Next I want to restore that image. I do this:

insert miniSD in card reader

then:

psdwrite H: somefile.img

I then take that card and put it in my phone. I switch the phone into bootloader mode (hold camera key whilst plugging in usb cable)

it sees the image and asks me if i wanna download it (press the volume key) I do this and it says "update not allowed!"

what is happening? what does that mean? have i done the steps correctly?

I do not understand the part following the guide on how to get the file size when you insert the card into the card reader (because Windows will not recognize the drive and asks you to format it)

help! :)

Guest texasaggie1

Can someone please help me? I cannot figure out how to "apply the usb patch" so teraterm will work. There is absolutely no documentation. Obviously it can be done cause most of you are doing it. Thanks!

Can someone please help me? I cannot figure out how to "apply the usb patch" so teraterm will work. There is absolutely no documentation. Obviously it can be done cause most of you are doing it. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think you can also use mtty and use the same commands

Guest johnmcd3

HELP!

To see if this worked, I tried backing up my phone to a miniSD card which worked as expected (r2sd all).

As a test, I then attempted a restore from the card by pushing the volume down key, which also appeared to work, but then when I turned on the phone again it always takes me to the 3 color screen-- never WM2003SE....

Did I somehow lose the O.S.? What do I do?

Please help!

John

Guest johnmcd3

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you don't need to apply it, it's already there. just select USB from the serial dropdown list.

Guest johnmcd3
HELP!

To see if this worked, I tried backing up my phone to a miniSD card which worked as expected (r2sd all).

As a test, I then attempted a restore from the card by pushing the volume down key, which also appeared to work, but then when I turned on the phone again it always takes me to the 3 color screen-- never WM2003SE....

Did I somehow lose the O.S.?  What do I do?

Please help!

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fixed my phone. Apparently the backup as is requires some more massaging to load the OS after loading the SPL. See thread of explaination: http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showth...p=2801#post2801

John

Guest favetta82

Hi there,

maybe i'm alittle bit out of topics but anyway i would aprreciate ur help:

SDA t-mobile

windows mobile 2003 (Windows Ce 4.2)

SIM Unlocked

I try everithign to get a rom image but nothing worked!

What can i do?

I tried to use the tera pro sw (but i cannot start in engeneering mode)

I tried to copy the files but....

Moreover if anyone have a rom image with italian T9 would be great.

Thank u very much

PAOLO

Fixed my phone.  Apparently the backup as is requires some more massaging to load the OS after loading the SPL.  See thread of explaination: http://www.spv-developers.com/forum/showth...p=2801#post2801

John

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest stoker

hello,

I have a Qtek 8010 not simlocked with 2.2.32.11 rom + minisd 512Mb

My bootloader

IPL 1.00

SPL 2.5.86

I try brackup my rom to my minisd but Tera term say:

Cmd>r2sd all

***** user area size = 0x1E980000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 6

usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

Load Binary NORMAL partition: data from DiskOnChip to RAM

Start to read bianry partition.

Read binary partition successfully.

Load Binary NORMAL partition: data from DiskOnChip to RAM

Start to read bianry partition.

Read binary partition successfully.

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

I can solve it?

Thanks

Edited by stoker

• 2 weeks later...
Guest diamond187

Ok, I'm at a loss. I currently have an AT&T SMT5600 which is both software unlocked and sim unlocked and currently successfully running a Cingular 64kb sim. We ordered a couple more for people at work, which came with the Cingular rom's preinstalled. I've looked at the tutorial here

and have successfully backed up my AT&T ROM, as well as the Cingular ROM on the new phone. The problem is when I try to do a psdwrite X: SPL-1010064SDimg to load the new bootloader into the phone, I get a "not allow update" which infers that the phone is indeed not fully unlocked.

I unlocked via instructions here

for sim unlocking, and the spv-services shows that my phone is unlocked.

Any ideas on the best way to unlock the boot loader files? The towers in my area are horrible and the ENS support lets the other two phones get virtually no dropped calls, so I'd really like to migrate from my AT&T Firmware to the Cingular firmware to be able to roam towers without having it drop the call.

I already have Active Perl and quite a few little CPAN modules, including crypt::des, so I should be able to do just about anything at this point. :)

Any pointers / help / howto's / etc would be appreciated!

Diamond

• 5 weeks later...

In WinHex, what do you mean fill the card up with zeros? There is offset, access and indiviual values I can fill zeros up with, so what do you mean? And there is so much to fill, so is there a way to automate the process or something?

In WinHex, what do you mean fill the card up with zeros? There is offset, access and indiviual values I can fill zeros up with, so what do you mean? And there is so much to fill, so is there a way to automate the process or something?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Still confused on this. Help?

Guest admanok

I also have this problem. I have a Cingular branded Audiovox SMT-5600 that gives the "You didn t get the proper security level to download a specific image" error when trying to do "r2sd all". I have four AT&T branded versions of the same phone and can run the command of them without any problems. I want to reflash the AT&T phones with the Cingular ROM as we are migrating from Cingular to AT&T. The Cingular phone has been un-simlocked and running the "checklock.exe" program reports that the phone is unlocked. I have tried running the Patched_RUU.exe update on the phone, however this doesn't give any different results. When booting to the Tri Color screen I see the following:

Red Band:

Typhoon

IPL 1.00

Green Band:

Typhoon

SPL 2.05.0040

Blue Band:

Typhoon

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to export the ROM from this phone to use on the others?

Guest Zone-MR

It looks like you'll need to change your CID setting to 11111111. The latest version of SPV-Services can do it for ya.

post-36676-1128366146_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zone-MR

Guest admanok
It looks like you'll need to change your CID setting to 11111111. The latest version of SPV-Services can do it for ya.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks like that worked... now to see if I can get the ROM image it saved to work on the other phone!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mharroquejr
Great article about backing up the ROM, btw.  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi everyone! can someone help me to uncover the mysteries of the USB driver the instruction is referring to? hehehehehe

btw, i could not connect the tera team pro with my phone which is at the engineering/debug mode already. 'cannot open' is the error message. can someone help me out here?

thanks buddies!

wingman!

• 2 months later...
Guest borispog

Dudes!

I was looking for solution to enable Bluetooth headset for MP3 player on WM5.

Found Microsoft registry page that explains how to enable headset connection.

in short:

1) go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway registry key.

2) add Value: Capability = 37 This enables Voice Tag support.

I also added OutgoingCallOption = 1 That controls how outgoing calls handled.

This worked like a charm on my SMT5600 with WM5. If press and hold my "dial" button on headset, it works in the same way it did with WM2003 and connects to the the phone without trying to actually dial anything since there are no voice tags.

• 1 month later...
Guest unclevernon

I followed the instructions, it all worked as described, upto the r2sd command, where I got the message:

Cmd>r2sd all

***** user area size = 0x1E3E0000 Bytes

R2SDBackup() - Download type = 6

usTotalBlock = 1 sizeof(SDCARD_SIGNATRUE_TABLE)=512

You didn't get the proper security level to download a specific image

Did anybody run into this as well? Is there a way around this (is the phone looking for something specific on the card in order to trust it)?

Thanks for any input

UV

• 1 month later...
Guest floepie

Please help. So close but so far....

I have my backed up ATT ROM with the exact bytes required as mentioned on the first page. I'm trying to return to wm2003se from wm5.

I have used psdwrite to write the .bin to the sd card with success as verified by a hex editor and have verified the byte number followed by all 0's.

So, why am I getting checksum error on my phone? Now, when the phone boots I get the tri color screen only.

I'm working with IPL 1.00 and SPL 1.01.0109.

Guest kelz0

Ok I must have misread someone's post and I lost the functionality of ActiveSync with my SMT5600.

1) I am trying to backup my WM2003 ROM

2) I unlocked the application by using SDA_applicationUnlock.exe

3) I unlocked the SIM by using SPVServices.exe

4) I tried using Tera Term Pro to backup the ROM

5) I still got the following error "You didnt get the proper security level to download a specified image"

6) Then I tried using Patched_RUU.exe ... this is where I think I messed up

7) The phone still worked and booted fine

8) ActiveSync stopped working

9) I tried a hard reset

10) Still no activesync

Any help would be very appreciated!