Orange PAYG GPRS free until April 30th

Guest Tomfoolery

Guest Tomfoolery

Orange GPRS now appears to be free for PAYG from now until April 30th.

Tested this out myself, have been streaming radio to my C500 for a few minutes and hasn't cost me a penny!

As a result though, my GPRS service has really seemed to slow down. Maybe it's being overused. Still though, use it for free while you can!

Guest Confucious
Yay!

Orange screwing over contract customers yet again!

:lol:

P

It does seem a tad unfair on us contract customers, keeping my GPRS down to 4Mb / month is the biggest drawback of the phone for me. :(

Guest tsutton
It does seem a tad unfair on us contract customers, keeping my GPRS down to 4Mb / month is the biggest drawback of the phone for me. :(

Ditto. Trying my best not to go over the limit... :lol:

Guest phrozenpenguin
can anyone confirm that this will be free for datacard users on PAYG data plans? I've got the Orange 3G card on PAYG.. just wondering!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does this let you surf the web via GPRS on a laptop? Or have orange disabled PAYG internet access via GPRS?

(I mean proper web access, not wap etc)

Guest bronksy
Does this let you surf the web via GPRS on a laptop? Or have orange disabled PAYG internet access via GPRS?

(I mean proper web access, not wap etc)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you talking to me? You talking to me?

My datacard tariff is Pay as you use data, but its a 3G card. I can surf on the 'real' interenet all the time. I was just wondering ig they class 3G as GPRS, the card flicks in and out of it all the time. However I just realised pay as you use is probably not included in this free thng. So I'll shut up now and get back to my lobotomy...

Guest phrozenpenguin

Heh. sorry, was not directly meant for you, i got the quote button wrong!

I wanted to know if i can use my phone as a Bluetooth modem over ornage GPRS for FREE!? Or do they just let you use wap sites.

I get confused now...do orange's openworld packagesincluded standard internet traffic now?

I have the old openworld open access which gives unlimited access to orange world but not to the internet in general (at least I seem to be charged).

Seeing there's not much on orangeworld worth viewing I don't tend to use it much anyway so might be better off getting an orangeworld 4 package or something?

Edited by blobby

Guest pd.ryder

I moaned to OCS cus the wife's got free GPRS and 30 free MMS, just cus she rang 'em about something else.

Being a 'loyal' contract customer I thought it a rare poke in the snout!

The blokey was able to give me 30 free MMS :cheesy: but no such luck with GPRS #-o

Guest pd.ryder

Moosery - I've had this a/c for about a thousand years so any 'offers' available to new contracts just pass me by :-({|=

However, I was thinking of a new contract for a c500 until I read the thread re c550. Shall I wait until May, June, July or maybe even next Christmas???????? (I'll be a monkey's uncle if it's out in May :lol:/ )

• 1 month later...
Guest sikhcentral

I tried my GPRS when i first got my phone about 3 weeks ago and it charged me, but now i used it and it didnt charge me lol i thought O messed up and gave me free GPRS i hope it still free after the 30th becuase it did charge me b4 so it must hav F*cked up plzzz. I used it bare times especially 4 radio streaming it aint slow on ma phone i can stream HOT 108 JAM which is 128 bitrate without any stopping wotsoevea :D

Guest tsutton

I got my monthly billing today and on the bottom of the first page, it mentioned that Orange contract get free GPRS or something like it. I will read it again when I get home from work and type it out exactly in here.

Guest Confucious
I got my monthly billing today and on the bottom of the first page, it mentioned that Orange contract get free GPRS or something like it. I will read it again when I get home from work and type it out exactly in here.

Free GPRS? Can anyone confirm that contract users are getting this? Great if it's true.

Guest tsutton

Okay, here's the full text, straight from my Orange bill:

Unrestricted access to information and entertainment on your phone

As a pay monthly customer, Orange will be giving you the freedom to explore a wide range of information and entertainment services on your phone, including Orange World and other mobile internet sites. From 8th April, all phones on your account will have unrestricted access to mobile services including adult conent.

You can choose to restrict access to mobile contents for one or more phones on your account.

Simply visit www.orange.co.uk/helpandsupport for more information, or call Customer Services on 150 from your Orange phone or 07973 100 150 from any other phone.

8th April is today. Woo!

Can anyone confirm this? Does it appear on your bill too?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.