QVGA (240x320) Smartphone early prototype revealed

Guest shadamehr

Guest shadamehr

Over at Steven Bink's site: bink.nu

It has a story about a prototype TRUE smartphone using the new QVGA 240x320 screen resolution.

More info, and a few photos, direct at that article.

Can't wait to see it make it to actual market, if correct.

Guest shadamehr
And why don't you link to the original to here

but instead you link to Bink who just syndicates story from msmobiles.com ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because I hadn't even noticed that the bink article was a link to yet another site.

So after your question, let ME ask one now...

Instead of instantly assuming I was trying something underhanded, why didn't you just nicely point out that the original article was at your site?

msmobiles, as you know, we have never met or chatted before, thus I have no axe to grind with you.

I have read all the bad publicity on here about you, and as far as possible, ignored it to come to my OWN conclusions about you.

And 'full on' 'in your face' accusatory posts like yours just now...

Well let's just say you certainly know how to live up to reputation. (And let me clarify - you don't actually say very much, its the WAY that you infer it that does it all...)

So, once again - apologies for not spotting the article was originally on your site.

But no apologies for now thinking for MYSELF that maybe mud does indeed stick.

Guest www.msmobiles.com
Because I hadn't even noticed that the bink article was a link to yet another site.

Really? Haven't you noticed "msmobiles.com" logo on high-res photos?

Haven't you noticed that these photos are on server with "msmobiles.com" in URL ?

Anyway Bink.nu is friend of msmobiles.com so it is OK.

Guest nedge2k

So after your question, let ME ask one now...

Instead of instantly assuming I was trying something underhanded, why didn't you just nicely point out that the original article was at your site?

msmobiles, as you know, we have never met or chatted before, thus I have no axe to grind with you.

I have read all the bad publicity on here about you, and as far as possible, ignored it to come to my OWN conclusions about you.

And 'full on' 'in your face' accusatory posts like yours just now...

Well let's just say you certainly know how to live up to reputation.  (And let me clarify - you don't actually say very much, its the WAY that you infer it that does it all...)

So, once again - apologies for not spotting the article was originally on your site.

But no apologies for now thinking for MYSELF that maybe mud does indeed stick.

Well said that man! :lol:

Guest shadamehr
1 - Really? Haven't you noticed "msmobiles.com" logo on high-res photos?

2 - Haven't you noticed that these photos are on server with "msmobiles.com" in URL ?

3 - Anyway Bink.nu is friend of msmobiles.com so it is OK.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1 - No, but in hindsight, probably should have done...

2 - No, but now that you have told me, I've specifically noted the url when the photo loads, and can confirm what you say. No feeling on my part that I definately SHOULD have noticed this one though - I sure as hell don't go round inspecting URL's all day.

3 - It's absolutely matterless whether he is a friend of yours or not - it was a genuine mistake I made so doesn't matter what site was mentioned. Only you saw it as something underhanded. So point 3 is a moot issue bonny lad.

Have a nice day.

(Oh, and this is getting a bit Off Topic for the News Section, so please guys, lets keep it open for the debate about the QVGA SmartPhone, or I'll have to lock it and set a follow up thread outside of News).

So.... Bearing that in mind, what's the feelings, is this device just around the corner, or as the images seem to indicate, a fair while off yet?

Me personally, I'd maybe still rather see a SmartPhone with a QVGA screen, than have a PPC with a phone built in, such as my XDA2 - feelings anyone?

Guest www.msmobiles.com
3 - It's absolutely matterless whether he is a friend of yours or not - it was a genuine mistake I made so doesn't matter what site was mentioned.  Only you saw it as something underhanded.  So point 3 is a moot issue bonny lad.

it doesn't matter? No, it matters. It was myself who was in France/Cannes taking these photos and not Bink and therefore linking to 3rd website, not to the original (not to msmobiles.com) indeed is underhanded.

of course ONLY ME was there in Cannes/France and ONLY ME took this photo, nobody else, so no wonder nobody else pointed you out.

And yes, I have further information about MS Smartphones with QVGA and Wi-Fi but how can I share it here if you call me names and show no respect for my work.

it doesn't matter? No, it matters. It was myself who was in France/Cannes taking these photos and not Bink and therefore linking to 3rd website, not to the original (not to msmobiles.com) indeed is underhanded.

of course ONLY ME was there in Cannes/France and ONLY ME took this photo, nobody else, so no wonder nobody else pointed you out.

Then perhaps you would be better directing your wrath at your friend, for giving the impression that the story belonged to his site:-

"At 3GSM World Congress 2005 our reporter spotted at stand of Samsung... " - not "a reporter from msmobiles.com" ...

Edited by Metoo

Guest someone

Come on guys, please stop wrangling. There's enough war and terror in the world already and we don't feel like watching you struggling at this forum. Instead use pm, email or chat to reconcile.

Let's get back to the point and discuss SmartPhones, that's what this site is build for originally, isn't it?