'Uninstalling' homescreens on MPx200

Guest fooldramaqueen

Guest fooldramaqueen

Hi,

I am a new owner of a Motorola MPx200 and I am still getting to grips with the software, etc, but trying hard to personalise my phone a bit!

Apologies if the answer to this query is already within the forums but I did have a look around the FAQs, etc, and couldn't find an answer.....

I have installed some new homescreens from .cab files on my phone from the downloads section. However, some of them don't seem to work properly or just don't look quite as good as they did on the screenshots.....is there any way to 'uninstall' these, or if not, an easy way to delete the appropriate files?

Advice is much appreciated - thankyou! :lol:

- Jenny.

Edited by fooldramaqueen

Guest fooldramaqueen

Addendum...

I also had another small query regarding homescreens.....once they are installed, is it necessary to specify the background image and colour scheme in the settings, or simply select the Homescreen Layout and choose 'default' for these options? Some of them don't look right at all - are some of these designed to work on 2003 rather than 2002 software?

Often I get the following 'error message' on the homescreen when I have chosen a different theme:

"No homescreen layouts can be found. Install a valid homescreen layout and then select it using Home Screen item in settings."

I have been following installation instructions to the letter so am rather confused...

Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks!

-J.

Edited by fooldramaqueen

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :lol:

You can uninstall skins, or any other software you have added, with the Add/Remove Programs tool in Settings or ActiveSync.

It is always a good idea to uninstall the current skin before changing to another. If you have any problems removing any of those you have already installed you will need to reinstall them again.

You are correct in assuming that the error message you got tells you that the skin is not designed for your OS. Also you should generally leave the other 2 options to default unless you use a skin that comprises of an xml file with some jpegs.

HTH