Configure SMT5600 for TMobile GPRS

Guest TheBee

I have unlocked my SMT5600 phone. Voice works perfectly with Tmobile. My Tmobile account is provisioned for their unlimited Internet ($19.99). I spoke with tier 3 support at Tmobile. They pulled up the GPRS settings for the SMT5600 and configured my device for their networks.

However, when I try to access web or use MSN Messenger I always receive a network error ("Unable to connect. Verify you have network coverage and try again"). I do have GPRS coverage and the phone sees that, but never connects.

Would someone please provide me with help and or configuration to make my device work on Tmobile's GPRS network? I am in the US.

Thank you.

Guest brandonis

i have the same plan - not a single t-mobile rep was able to help. finally, after an hour or so, i figured it out...here is what i have:

settings --> data connections --> internet connection --> [menu] --> [edit connections] --> GPRS connections --> [menu] --> [add]:

description: whatever name you want, i used "TMO"

connects to: "The Internet"

access point: internet3.voicestream.com

username:

password:

primary dns:

secondary dns:

ip address:

tap [done]

add the following GPRS connection settings if you want to send SMS:

description: i use "SMS"

connects to: WAP Network

access point: wap.voicestream.com

username:

password:

primary dns:

secondary dns:

ip address:

tap [done]

go back to the connections screen and add the VPN info if you plan on syncing with your works exchange server (dont forget to install the root domain certificate of your server - will quickly solve a bunch of problems...dont forget the work URL exceptions either - if your internal servers domain is private)

in data connections, i have...

internet connection: GPRS (TMO)

work connection: GPRS (TMO)

wap connection: automatic

secure wap connection: automatic

now, go to internet explorer --> [menu] --> [options] --> connections --> select network --> "The Internet" (i have "Automatically detect settings" unchecked)

you should now be able to browse via GPRS as well as pass the data through bluetooth to your pocket pc or laptop or computer or whatever

hope this helps

-b

I have unlocked my SMT5600 phone.  Voice works perfectly with Tmobile.  My Tmobile account is provisioned for their unlimited Internet ($19.99).  I spoke with tier 3 support at Tmobile.  They pulled up the GPRS settings for the SMT5600 and configured my device for their networks.

However, when I try to access web or use MSN Messenger I always receive a network error ("Unable to connect.  Verify you have network coverage and try again").  I do have GPRS coverage and the phone sees that, but never connects.

Would someone please provide me with help and or configuration to make my device work on Tmobile's GPRS network?  I am in the US.

Thank you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>