Application to Record Voice Calls

Guest Raven001

Guest fozzie
No it's not a jok, what neptronix is talking about, for recording, is app called Echo.

I didn't get it to work, but hey u can try that one.

Im out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Link?

Edit: Don't worry, found it myself >>here<<. It's dictation software. It doesn't say anything about recording voice calls :roll:

Edited by fozzie

Guest Arbait

I allready have Echo.Voice.Recorder.v1.2.Smartphone on my phone but no conversation recording, afaik ;)

btw and offtopic: please, anyone, other good dictation apps for winmobile 2003se?

Edited by Arbait

Guest silkk2005

i used Echo - demo version,. and that worked fine, i tested it too making a call, then puttin it on record. it even saves it on storage card.

the quality was awsome, i cud hear the caller crystal clear.

im hopin to buy that software soon as i get hold of my bros SOLO card lol

i wud recomend echo, works a charm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dearsina
i used Echo - demo version,. and that worked fine, i tested it too making a call, then puttin it on record. it even saves it on storage card.

the quality was awsome, i cud hear the caller crystal clear.

What phone + version are you using? I just tried the same thing with an SPV C500 (4.1.1.4), and it recorded my own voice, but not the audio from speaker...

• 2 months later...

hello,

I'm new on this forum, but I read this topic for a long time ago because I am interesting about the recording calls issue.

So, I have an Motorola MPX200 reflash with wm2003.

For recording cals I use RJV Sound Recorder SP2003.

It is a litthe complicated because I must start the application before I make the call, or while I am in conversation.

It isn't automated, but works for me.

I wait your feedback if this method works on yours wm phones also.

Edited by 77snk

Guest malloc_es
I'm new on this forum, but I read this topic for a long time ago because I am interesting about the recording calls issue.

So, I have an Motorola MPX200 reflash with wm2003.

For recording cals I use RJV Sound Recorder SP2003.

It is a litthe complicated because I must start the application before I make the call, or while I am in conversation.

It isn't automated, but works for me.

I wait your feedback if this method works on yours wm phones also.

I have mpx200 and rj sound recorder, but i cant use the sd memory to store the record, and you?How?

Thank You

• 4 weeks later...
Guest datasamm

Hi, I had an SL42e, and that phone didn't have no problem recording both ends of the conversation :]

Assuming that the voice recorder could be invoked during a telephone call - and it is not clear from the developers guide that it can be (in fact I don't think it can) - you would only get half the conversation because it records from the microphone and not the speaker. So you would know what you said but not what the person you were talking to said. This, I think, makes the application you desire impossible at the moment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 3 weeks later...

This software isn't possible on a SPV !! Because the main processor TI Omap has two cores :

- an ARM 9 for the application

- an ARM 7 for the GSM stack.

And it's impossible to map these two cores, if a recorder application will existing, she will run on the ARM9 core but she can't to access at the ARM7 core !

Guest DomConway
This software isn't possible on a SPV !! Because the main processor TI Omap has two cores :

- an ARM 9 for the application

- an ARM 7 for the GSM stack.

And it's impossible to map these two cores, if a recorder application will existing, she will run on the ARM9 core but she can't to access at the ARM7 core !

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How come we were able to record both sides of the conversation using video recorder on an earlier version of the C500 software then?

Guest chucky.egg
How come we were able to record both sides of the conversation using video recorder on an earlier version of the C500 software then?

Because the video recorder was picking up the background sounds, in this case the conversation.

I don't know why I keep coming back to this one, I don't even use my C500 anymore.

Count me out. Nice idea, but I suspect never going to happen

Guest DomConway
Because the video recorder was picking up the background sounds, in this case the conversation.

I don't know why I keep coming back to this one, I don't even use my C500 anymore.

Count me out.  Nice idea, but I suspect never going to happen

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then surely someone could easily create another such app?

The video recorder would pick up both sides of the conversation, so I'm not sure if it was just background sounds - ie the microphone wouldn't have been able to pick up what was coming out of the earpiece, so it must be possible somehow.

Guest chucky.egg

If you listen to the quality of the "Videoed" phone calls I would suspect that it is just the mic picking up the earpiece.

So... are you offering to develop an app?

Guest DomConway
If you listen to the quality of the "Videoed" phone calls I would suspect that it is just the mic picking up the earpiece.

So... are you offering to develop an app?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not sure where you got that idea from - the only coding I know is basic HTML! I was just pointing out that I believe it is somehow possible, as the video recorder used to do it.

• 3 weeks later...
Good point. 

Since the audio in/out are digital, the signal is processed.  This can't all be hardware... if it is, you're screwed, but if the bluetooth drivers are all SP2003 driver driven, then this should be a possibility, but someone would have to be clever enough to reverse engineer the bluetooth driver, or have extensive knowledge of it...  most likely inside information.

Perhaps a bluetooth mobile recorder would also be something to consider as well.

As for my "donation".  I'll give it to the first developer when they've made a serious effort and has something working... regardless if it runs for 5 minutes or 5 seconds....  any working (if only for a few seconds) alpha would earn my money...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi everyone!

If you download a recorder named Opus, you can make a call, turn on your speakerphone and it will record what is being said by both sender and receiver, i've just tried it on my Orange SPV c550 and it works fine!

No this is no new software so I do not expect to get the pot...:)

Good luck,

Teye

ps. Opus free trail is found at www.bostonbar.com

• 1 month later...
Guest czerwonka

I successfuly recorded calls on my Cingular 2125 (WM5.0) using this new application:

http://1800message.com/usepmr.aspx

I didn't need to use speakerphone; You can automatically record and compress all calls, if desired - or you can manually record any call. It worked like a charm! The calls are recorded in ".rcwv" format (??), though, which can only be played from within the application itself. Nevertheless, I think it's the first full-functioning call recorder for Windows Mobile Smartphones!

Somebody should track down the developer so he can collect on the pot!

I successfuly recorded calls on my Cingular 2125 (WM5.0) using this new application:

http://1800message.com/usepmr.aspx

I didn't need to use speakerphone; You can automatically record and compress all calls, if desired - or you can manually record any call. It worked like a charm! The calls are recorded in ".rcwv" format (??), though, which can only be played from within the application itself. Nevertheless, I think it's the first full-functioning call recorder for Windows Mobile Smartphones!

Somebody should track down the developer so he can collect on the pot!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cool, now waiting for a open format app...