C500 Photo button stuck

Guest Belgarath Krall

Guest Belgarath Krall

Haven't found another version of this problem so here goes nothing.

Went to a mates house warming party (unrelated to the problem but _damn_ i got drunk) and in the morning dug my phone out of my coat.

Still on, but wouldn't respond to _any_ button presses. Took the battery out, put it back in, problem still there, remembered that the C500 doesn't like having more than one button pressed and then i found the problem.

The photo button on the right hand side had got stuck under the external housing so that it was permanantly pressed down.

not good :lol:

poked, prodded, bordered on violent and then suddenly it sort of slid out of its own accord back to it's rightful position. And it works. But it did it again (strangely round and my mates house again but as they don't have a ghost i don't think thats the problem) and only just got it working again, if it does it again I'm claiming warranty from orange.

Has anyone else had this problem or am i the odd one out and i need to get my phone exorcised? :shock:

Guest abdo_imseeh

Krall,

I got the same problem :S!!!

Happens to me all the time... especially after clubbing with my phone in my pocket (bless it's soo small I can still have it on me when dancing!).

Happened so many times but then usually the problem is sorted if I leave the phone for a while. Anyway it happened last weekend and I've not been able to sort it out (the button seems to be back in place but still get the tri-coloured screen :S or if it starts I ccan't press any keys!!!)... I've called HTC and they're taking it in for repair... Sent it off today!

I just hope this is one of the many bugs in the beautiful c500!