APPEAL: Mass moan at Orange

Guest Chimpanzee

Guest Chimpanzee

Having problems with BlueTooth on your Orange SPV M2000? IE. You can't send files to other devices. According to Shack77, it seems that Orange have done this on purpose!!

Er, I once spoke to an Orange member of staff who confirmed more or less that it would lose them revenue. Have to text or email it, see? As in photo's etc. 25p per send. Nice.

What if we all ran around sending things for free?!?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is dispite that fact that the M2000 is advertised as being a BlueTooth device. Surely it's not unreasonable to ask that you should be able to send files to other devices via BT on a device as top notch as the Blue Angel?!

Personally, i believe that the M2000 is being faulsy advertised!

I ask everyone who's suffering from this problem and as a result is a tad peeved with Orange about this to phone Orange Data Support customer services on 156 from their handset for free (or 07973100156 from a landline at a charge) and have a good rant. Hopefully, if enough people do this, they might just be encouraged to release a software update.

Then, if you want, come back here and post what Orange had to say for themselves.

If you do not have any problems with BT on your phone then your probably one of the lucky ones who got a handset before they started doing this.

(Have a read of this topic for more details about this problem.)

Edited by Chimpanzee

Guest beersoft

ok

on my m2000 i load file manager then highight a file, then select beam, and it finds all the bt devices in the office and i can send stuff through that, so it isnt broken, orange arn't trying to rip me off as a customer and yes i have read the manual for my phone

so, im not going to bitch about the bluetooth being broken because it isnt

later

Owen

Guest Chimpanzee

Well, obviously there ARE a lot of people having this problem. Maybe you're not because you have an older handset which came out of the factory before they decided to do this.

So well done! you probably wasted a good couple of minutes of your life typing those posts and now you've also wasted some of my time, cheers!

If you don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all!

Edited by Chimpanzee

Guest beersoft

errm, ok

lets start again

what are you trying to send files to?

does it support pan networking?

and can you send files from that device to the m2000?

saying "BOO HOO THIS STUPID PHONE DOESNT WORK, ITS ORANGES FAULT, MY MATES NOKIA DOES IT BUT THIS POS DOESNT" don't help noone

and shouting at me doesn't help anyone

later

Owen

Guest Chimpanzee

we have been trying to resolve this in the other topic which i linked to. you can see that we don't even get as far as selecting the device we want to send to

Guest deadphill

sorry I was one of those who have been waiting since the ice age for this handset. I got mine 3 weeks ago so its a new model. I can safely say I can send files via bluetooth no problem.

Cheers

Phill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrOrangeShop

ALL phones have this feature for copyright reasons.

It lets you send files which are not protected however... many pictures, videos, ringtones etc you download from places such as Orange World are copyright protected and can not be sent regardless of what phone you are using.

You can send files which are not protected e.g. wav files you have made on your pc; pictures taken with the camera.

Hope that has made it a little clearer.

Guest theanarch1st
ALL phones have this feature for copyright reasons.

It lets you send files which are not protected however... many pictures, videos, ringtones etc you download from places such as Orange World are copyright protected and can not be sent regardless of what phone you are using.

You can send files which are not protected e.g. wav files you have made on your pc; pictures taken with the camera.

Hope that has made it a little clearer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think your talking crazy there, all the M2000 needed was a Bluetooth stack update, i've updated mine to 3900 and it has the option to send via BT and will send anything, as it is a pocket pc device aswell you can jus copy the file to your computer where it will work ^o) therefore how is it protected (granted if its a wma / wmv file you'll have difficulties) but you can still see pictures and other file types perfectly fine

Guest MrOrangeShop

I know some protected files can't be transferred - particularly the ones downloaded from Orange world etc.

I've not actually experienced any on the M2000 as I don't know anyone stupid enough to pay for downloaded images/ringtones when you can make them yourself. I thought this may have been the problem.