PPCProfiles Pro

Guest bretto

Guest bretto
Hi Bretto,

I only wanted to ask if it is possible to extend the application a bit and add the name of the current network + signal strength to the today screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi aeror

Yes I could add an option to show that info. I'll try to get it in for the next beta.

The next beta has been debuged, tested and is rock solid. Im just waiting on a couple of language translations now.

Guest justme611
Hi Bretto,

I only wanted to ask if it is possible to extend the application a bit and add the name of the current network + signal strength to the today screen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi aeror,

signal strength is already shown in the headline of my device (different bars within the antenna-icon left to the speaker-icon).

Doesn't your phone show that?

Greetz

Just

Guest bretto

Hi All

Ive uploaded a new beta in the "latest release" post. beta 3.

It contains the following.

Version: V3.00a beta3

Added Swedish and German languages. Language is based on regional settings of device.

Added ability to reset flight mode (radio).

Removed horizontal space between icons from skin preview to match todayscreen.

Bugfix where auto switch template was creating a "new phantom" profile

Added refresh of todayscreen when selecting ok in selection options.

Added setting in registry for plugin height used from selection options.

Bugfix to popup selection where not showing profile names correctly.

Bugfix to today plugin to stop auto sync starting on soft reset without rest of system knowing about it.

Changed auto sync icons in today plugin to be less confusing.

I have not included the signal strength on the todayscreen as it requires a redesign of the screen refresh routine. Without the redesign its painful to use and view.

New languages will be added as they are received and a new beta uploaded.

Everything appears to be tested and working well but if you have any problems please let me know.

Hey Bretto, just installed the latest beta version, and I can't use the "tray select" option. I have my Blue Angel set to require a password after 0 minutes (i.e. every time i turn it on). When I have PPC Profiles set to tray select, after switching on my BA and entering the password, the device freezes - screen doesn't work, nor do any of the buttons. Only option is to soft reset. All other selection modes work ok.

I don't have any other tray icons apart from the standard bluetooth and wireless, and the today screen plugins I use display are SPB Pocket Plus, tasks, SPB GPRS Monitor, and Messages.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

Cheers,

Stu

Guest bretto
Hey Bretto, just installed the latest beta version, and I can't use the "tray select" option. I have my Blue Angel set to require a password after 0 minutes (i.e. every time i turn it on). When I have PPC Profiles set to tray select, after switching on my BA and entering the password, the device freezes - screen doesn't work, nor do any of the buttons. Only option is to soft reset. All other selection modes work ok.

I don't have any other tray icons apart from the standard bluetooth and wireless, and the today screen plugins I use display are SPB Pocket Plus, tasks, SPB GPRS Monitor, and Messages.

Anyone else had any problems like this?

Cheers,

Stu

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi stug

I cant reproduce thins one. Ive tried on my himalayas and my jam with different os versions. I did notice on the jam that it took some time to get past the password but at this stage I cant say why that is.

In the profile that is selected on start up what are the options?

Guest aeror

Hi Bretto,

thanks for considering my question. I can live without the signal strength (of course I know that is visible in the title bar, but it's not accurate, so that's why I came to that idea). Anyway, more important is to see the network name. I travel often abroad and I would like to see what is my current network (because of roaming fares of course) without constantly clicking the antenna icon in the title bar.

Regards,

Guest bretto
Hi Bretto,

thanks for considering my question. I can live without the signal strength (of course I know that is visible in the title bar, but it's not accurate, so that's why I came to that idea). Anyway, more important is to see the network name. I travel often abroad and I would like to see what is my current network (because of roaming fares of course) without constantly clicking the antenna icon in the title bar.

Regards,

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No problems. I will definately get it in there for you before the full release.

Guest dan13l

Did you have a look at adding a location setting for sms notifications Bretto?

From what I've read elsewhere, it would appear that all the notification sounds might need to be run from a different location - this might mean copying any currently active sounds to the selected location. If its possible at all, of course :)

I'll download the new beta later and give it a try.

Guest bretto
Bretto,

I don't know if this would be of any help to you in the future but I thought you mentioned this somewhere else in thid thread.  Tune in to this thread:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showthread....&threadid=53643

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for that.

Are they saying that they are trying to get widcom bt working on that device full stop? I can get it working on the imate but I really cant see how to control it without the sdk. I know the registry settings but if you just change them you need to soft reset in order for them to take effect.

Guest bretto
Did you have a look at adding a location setting for sms notifications Bretto?

From what I've read elsewhere, it would appear that all the notification sounds might need to be run from a different location - this might mean copying any currently active sounds to the selected location. If its possible at all, of course :)

I'll download the new beta later and give it a try.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Someone might be able to correct me if im wrong but it appears that there is a specific search path used by the notification programs. Ive tried to add the full path and sound file name to the registry but only get the default sound.

At this stage it looks like I will keep things the way there are until I can find out more info to see if its possible.

Thanks for the concept though.

Hi Bretto - I've tried it with various profiles, and they all do the same... The main thing I have on most of my profiles is "turn off flight mode" (because I fly a lot I have a profile called flight), so I don't know if that could be affecting it... I will try and investigate a bit more this evening.

Hi stug

I cant reproduce thins one. Ive tried on my himalayas and my jam with different os versions. I did notice on the jam that it took some time to get past the password but at this stage I cant say why that is.

In the profile that is selected on start up what are the options?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Guest scottb
Thanks for that.

Are they saying that they are trying to get widcom bt working on that device full stop? I can get it working on the imate but I really cant see how to control it without the sdk. I know the registry settings but if you just change them you need to soft reset in order for them to take effect.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that. I just saw the thread and thought I would point it out to you in case it was helpful. It's a little beyond my technical knowledge. :|

I have noticed that sometimes when I click on the "P" icon, to bring up the settings dialog, it does not appear. If I go into the task manager and close something - like Contacts, or Calendar - the settings dialog will then appear. It doesn't seem to be any one application in particular that stops it--it seems arbitrary.

Guest dinkydong

Guys, i stumbled upon this forum while searching for an auto profile switching app for my HP6365 Pocket PC phone. Can this app work with my PPC phone? I was actually searching for an app that switches profile based on time, eg. past midnight, the device automatically switches to a silent profile. Can it be done with PPCProfiles Pro? Thanks!

Guest dan13l

Yes, it will allow you to do that if you download the latest version. You can set three profile changes on specific days at specific times. Bretto's done a great job of making the page that configures that side of things quite clear :)

Bretto - I found another app that claims to allow you to change your notification sounds for SMS etc. I had a play with it, and they appear to achieve the functionality by firing off their own sound when a system event happens, rather than using the system one. That way you can specify a file from anywhere which gets played. The other thing that app does, which might be useful, is configure repeating sms notifications at intervals. The app in question has no profiles support though, so is greatly inferior to PPCProfiles Pro in that respect. Its fairly hideous to use too ;)

Edited by dan13l

Guest dan13l

I found a bug!

It appears that if I use PPC Profiles to toggle into and out of flight mode, bluetooth stops working. When I turn bluetooth on, I get a "please turn off flight mode first" message. If I manually turn flight mode back on, then off again, bluetooth works fine.

This appears to have been the case for the last couple of versions.

Guest bretto
I found a bug!

It appears that if I use PPC Profiles to toggle into and out of flight mode, bluetooth stops working. When I turn bluetooth on, I get a "please turn off flight mode first" message. If I manually turn flight mode back on, then off again, bluetooth works fine.

This appears to have been the case for the last couple of versions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive tried various things to reproduce this but at this stage on the magician and himalaya I havent been able to.

Let me make sure Im doing it right.

I setup a profile to turn on flightmode and a profile to turn off flightmode.

I turn on bluetooth manually via the tray icon.

Select the profile to turn on flightmode.

No change in BT operation.

Select profile to turn off flightmode.

No change in BT operation.

Is there another step Im missing?

BTW Ive just fixed a bug in the bugfix :roll: that stops auto sync from starting when it shouldnt. Will be released in beta4 very soon.

Guest dan13l

Nearly ;) :

1) You setup a profile to turn on flightmode and a profile to turn off flightmode.

2) Set up a scheduled change to the flightmode on profile.

3) Set up a scheduled change to the flightmode off profile (eg last night night I set the flightmode on (silent) to happen at midnight, and flightmode off (normal) to happen at 7:30am)

4) Turn on bluetooth manually via the tray icon.

I get an error at this point after a couple of seconds that tells me I should turn off flight mode (and bluetooth never activates).

I also tried earlier after upgrading to the latest beta, by setting silent to activate at 11:30, and normal to activate at 11:31 - silent was set to enable flight mode, and normal was set to disable it. The same problem happened.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer :)

Guest dinkydong

dan13l, thanks for the info. Glad to say that PPCProfiles Pro actually works on my HP6365, unlike some other non-freeware apps which are unstable resulting in numerous resets, including hard resets! To Bretto, thanks for the app, your efforts very much appreciated!

While using this app on my 6365, I found that it was conflicting with Super alert PE 2.00 such that changes saved to the profile could not be stored frequently. I removed Super alert and everything works (except Bluetooth control which has no effect on my device). The reason why I needed Super alert is to provide repeat reminders for sms received since the 6365's speaker is relatively soft. Bretto, is it possible if some sort of repeat reminder can be added for sms received?

Guest bretto
dan13l, thanks for the info. Glad to say that PPCProfiles Pro actually works on my HP6365, unlike some other non-freeware apps which are unstable resulting in numerous resets, including hard resets! To Bretto, thanks for the app, your efforts very much appreciated!

While using this app on my 6365, I found that it was conflicting with Super alert PE 2.00 such that changes saved to the profile could not be stored frequently. I removed Super alert and everything works (except Bluetooth control which has no effect on my device). The reason why I needed Super alert is to provide repeat reminders for sms received since the 6365's speaker is relatively soft. Bretto, is it possible if some sort of repeat reminder can be added for sms received?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes it is possible. Ive already written an extended notification for sms but have not incorporated it into the profile manager. Mainly because Ive tried to keep the profile manager as small as possible.

I could look at creating an optional addon package which could contain all the bells and whistles people have been wanting. That way the profile manager would be small but as an option could be extended.

Anyone have any thoughts or comments on this?

Guest dinkydong

The optional addon package sounds great. It'll give users an option. Users with faster PPC phones or those who must have all the features can choose to install the addons without forcing the rest with slower machines to use a bloated s/w. BTW Bretto, any rough estimation of additional ram / storage required to include the addon? PPCProfiles Pro as it is at the moment is rather light, without hogging too much resources even on my slow machine :-)

Guest bretto

Hi All

I have uploaded a new beta (beta4) which contains a critical fix to the auto sync function for those who use that option.

It also contains the following.

Version: V3.00a beta4

*Critical Bugfix to bugfix for auto sync starting when shouldnt.

Bugfix to display all text buttons when other than selectable profile is used.

Added display of existing sim pin when using dialog.

Bugfix to sip control in SIMPIN dialog

Bugfix to strengthen search results of notifications

Added new Setup menu option for Selection Order.

Set time format of autoswitch templates to 24hr time.

Bugfix to stop sip setting autoswitch template options back to original on close.

Guest bretto

Dont know what happened there but Modaco died on me. Added my post but didnt update the forum to reflect the new post.

So Im just posting this so people know there is a new post. :)

Edited by bretto

Guest bretto
Nearly ;) :

1) You setup a profile to turn on flightmode and a profile to turn off flightmode.

2) Set up a scheduled change to the flightmode on profile.

3) Set up a scheduled change to the flightmode off profile (eg last night night I set the flightmode on (silent) to happen at midnight, and flightmode off (normal) to happen at 7:30am)

4) Turn on bluetooth manually via the tray icon.

I get an error at this point after a couple of seconds that tells me I should turn off flight mode (and bluetooth never activates).

I also tried earlier after upgrading to the latest beta, by setting silent to activate at 11:30, and normal to activate at 11:31 - silent was set to enable flight mode, and normal was set to disable it. The same problem happened.

Hope this makes things a bit clearer :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK Ive been playing with this but I still cannot reproduce the fault.

Is your device using MS or Widcomm bluetooth?

Guest bretto
BTW Bretto, any rough estimation of additional ram / storage required to include the addon?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hard to say as it all depends on what goes into it. :) Possibly could double?

I really want to redesign the software to incorporate more functionality but that wont be until after the pending release. There are a couple of things to go into this release that Ive promissed and then the redesign will happen. I think everyone will be satisifed with it though.

PPCProfiles Pro as it is at the moment is rather light, without hogging too much resources even on my slow machine :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad to hear it as this was something that the orginal version of the software was chipped about. Its not easy adding functionality and maintaining a small footprint but it must be done. Understandably so as the profile manager is only a very small tool in the grand scheme of things.