SMS Addressing Problems

Guest richardsandiford

Guest richardsandiford

Imagine the senario; On my SPV C500 I have a contact Mr & Mrs smith. She has a mobile and he has a mobile. To differentiate them in contacts I write them thus +44 7976 123456 (Mr) and +44 7976 654321 (mrs).

Now if I try and send a text message to mr Smith (found via my contacts) I get an error message - Cannot send SMS to an email address (presumably because of the alpha characters in this field).

I have resorted to storing her number under the field 'mobile' and his under 'car' but this is far from satisfactory.

I have tried changing the default field names in Outlook for my contacts, but i think this is impossible.

How can I store 2 mobile numbers for 1 contact and differentiate between them (ie His and hers).

I have another question, I used to be able to beam a business card or send it via sms. With the SPV C500 I nolonger seem to have the option to send a busines card via SMS. Am I missing something?

Thankyou

Guest Disco Stu

Welcome to the forum :lol:

Problem 1 : I always set up partners separately, remembering not to include the landline in both Contacts and hence confusing Caller ID. I can imagine there are good reasons for not showing partners as alternative numbers for contacts though.

Problem 2 : It's not a standard feature but there is a free third party application that will do the job :

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=sendcontact

Guest xenophobe

Put the MR under "Mobile", and the Mrs under any one of the various Telephone Number slots, any of which you can send a SMS to. So, when you select that contact to SMS, you'll be able to pick whichever phone # you want to message.