Audiovox SMT5600 (aftermarket) service?

Guest estaticd

Guest estaticd

I am currently contemplating buying an AT&T branded, simlocked SMT5600 from Amazon.com

I would then unlock the phone using Florin's unlocker, and then use it on the T-Mobile GSM network... and whatever problems I have with SMS or MMS is not a huge problem, because I plan on using it as a phone primarily, then after that, just a video and mp3 player second.

If I were to ever have a problem with the phone, would Audiovox allow me to return it to them, or have it serviced by them? This is my biggest fear that I'll have a phone that turns out has some factory defect or malfunction down the road and I'll have no place to have it serviced or return the phone to.

I went looking and found this page:

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/stores/...odelNum=SMT5600

Which indicates that I have 90 days of out of warranty repair, then after that, 9 more months of warranty, which is great.

Question is, has anyone used this? :lol:

-Wayne

Guest xenophobe

You can buy the phone NIB for as little as $239+shipping from a few diff ebay retailers if you're not going to buy a service plan.

AT&T is better if you are looking for text messaging plans or plan on doing any international calling or roaming. For like $3.99 I can call most countries for $.07 a minute.

But to answer your question, no, I don't know anyone that has done this, nor have I read about it on the AT&T Audiovox forum either. Seeing how Audiovox is a brand name that's been around for quite some time, I wouldn't have any problems sending them my phone if I needed to. That sure beats sending the phone to the Middle East to HTC's repair facility, at least I think.