C500 replacement case

Guest MHAD

Hi folks

First post for me :lol:

I'm trying to find out if I can buy a replacement case for my C500. Not a leather case or anything, the actual plastic black and silver case of the handset.

There's nothing wrong with mine at the moment, but when I change jobs soon and move from Orange to Vodaphone I'd kind of like to loose the Orange logo :( So a case without that would be what I'm after, preferably black but silver would do I think.

Has anyone dismantled a C500 yet and is it easy to do? I can only see one T-5 screw inside under the battery, but there must be more and I really don't want to break it ...

Edited by MHAD

Guest Confused Stu

Hi mate - and welcome to the forum!

A few people have asked about replacement cases, and so far the only replies have been to try ebay. I know HTC make and repair the little babies (www.htceurope.com for returns and fixes) but they have said previously they don't sell spares.

As for stripping the phone, it is possible. It takes anywhere up to a cautious hour first time, but my regular strip downs are now down to under five minutes! I've done it too many times. :lol:

There are six T6 screws in all, and one tiny phillips. I've posted a Word document with pictures showing how to strip one on this thread:

C500 de-dusting

So give that a shot if you want. One word of warning - you could easily break part of the case if you're clumsy or heavy handed, and one of the screws lives under a "VOID" sticker, so they WILL be able to tell you've taken it apart and your warranty WILL be gone!

Good luck dude.

Thanks !!

I went through the entire thread and found your guide. Reads really well. I'm a bit scared of damaging the phone now though :lol:

Maybe I should try the other option of removing the Orange logo with some kind of meths / thinner that won't eat the plastic ... :?:

Guest Confucious

You can remove the Orange logo simply by rubbing with a sugar cube (No, I'm not joking!) Do a search and you will find a thread on the subject with piccies as well. I've not tried it myself but Lot's of people succesfully have!

Good luck.

Guest Confucious
I am SO sorry about that last post - but I really couldn't resist!

I didn't make it home last night and have just checked my emails when I got to work this morning and it's far to early for this.....

:?: