Mpx220 Unlock - What is going on anyway?

Guest Paraklas

Guest Paraklas

Just received an mpx220 locked on AT&T network. I have been reading hundreds of posts and Websites for unlocking but I came up to the following conclusions:

1. I can't find an online place to have the phone unlocked.

2. I can't find a local store to send the phone because simply it hasn't been released yet here!

3. All the sites that "CLAIM" to unlock this phone, do not have the unlock codes or their servers are down and so on.

4. I can't e-mail Cingular (as some people say that when you e-mail them with account info etc they send you the unlock code) to send me the unlock code - even though I believe that they won't do that because no one has ever given a straight answer on this subject.

5. I e-mailed www.imei-check (which I used for mpx200 unlocks) and they replied that they are still working around on an unlocking system for this mobile but there is no specific release time since it needs a lot of hard work.

6. I'm stuck with a locked mpx220 and the only way I can use it for now is to turn it on and watch the stupid animation while the rom is loaded.

If you have a Tested and Confirmed Web site that you have actually used to unlock this phone please share it with me.

Guest rasterops

Paraklas,

I was in the same boat as you are 3 weeks ago. =)

i know how painful it is to get excited and dissapointed at the same time on this mpx220..

I had mine locked on cingular network when i bought it.

Not all phone shops (at least not in Los Angelese) can unlock them.

I got mine unlock online using www.mobtec.net.

I was very doubtful at first because they're located in UK and you can only pay them with paypal. I gambled and ordered them anyway.

I emailed them and they assure me that they can unlock mpx220 given a week time. At exactly one week, they emailed me the code to unlock.

It costs me about $60 (converted from euro).

i was also advised by the guy who sold me the phone that i can get it unlock at a cellphone repair shop around alhambra, ca for about $40. But it had to be left overnight.

But the mobtec.net code did work, and i'm enjoying this phone on tmobile.

BTW, i'm just recommending mobtec coz they did work. I'm not affiliated or paid by mobtec in any way.

3. All the sites that "CLAIM" to unlock this phone, do not have the unlock codes or their servers are down and so on.

Most of the sites that i visited also had the same response as you said.

Good luck.

Guest Paraklas

I visited their site over and over again but I was told that the codes for my moto were not available. So I filled that notification form to let me know when the codes were available again.

I did receive a notification after 2 hours (!) so I did all the process, paid them with paypal and now I'm waiting. Their waiting times for motorola (unlike other phones) vary from 10 mins up to a week.. I don't know why but I guess I'll have to wait as you did..

btw, I'm living in Greece and this phone will be released here after 6 months :D ;)

Guest Paraklas

Awesome news!! mobtec sent me the unlock code 5 minutes ago and yes it worked. I now have a fully unlocked mpx220. Pricy though - 34GBP for a couple of digits :D Is there a generic ROM to replace the AT&T one ?

Guest frankydvd

I got my unlock code from mobtec last week but I can't test if it works cause my phone is asking me for unblock code. Can anyone haelp me?

Thanks

Guest frankydvd

I got my unlock code from mobtec last week but I can't test if it works cause my phone is asking me for unblock code. Can anyone haelp me?

Thanks

Guest jairo_lopez
Awesome news!! mobtec sent me the unlock code 5 minutes ago and yes it worked. I now have a fully unlocked mpx220. Pricy though - 34GBP for a couple of digits

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has anybody found a working unlock service less pricey than Mobtec. I have an MPX220 here in Colombia and is locked for Cingular.

Thanks

Guest jairo_lopez

Hi,

I know that what I am going to ask for may be complicated, but I have not found a solution yet:

I'm located in Bogota, Colombia, and paid $350 for a MPX220 on ebay. The posting on ebay said the phone was from Cingular and that it unlocked. The phone was received by a friend of mine in Miami who tested it OK with his Cingular SIM and sent it to me in Colombia. When I inserted my SIM here I found out that the phone is still locked!!! I'm trying to get in touch with the guy who sold it to me, but he hasn't answered me yet.

Is it possible for somebody in the forum who is a Cingular suscriber to request an unlock code from Cingular for me? If it is possible, I'll send him my IMEI.

I'd really appreciate if somebody can help me with this.

Thanks a lot

Guest jairo_lopez
Is it possible for somebody in the forum who is a Cingular suscriber to request an unlock code from Cingular for me? If it is possible, I'll send him my IMEI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phone unlocked!!! I got it from a person in Motorola. Now, to enjoy my MPX220. Thanks anyway.

Phone unlocked!!! I got it from a person in Motorola. Now, to enjoy my MPX220. Thanks anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So how you did that? Or phone was actually unlocked?

Guest jairo_lopez
So how you did that? Or phone was actually unlocked?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it was locked, but I got the unlock code from a former workmate who works now at Motorola.

Wish I had a former workmate who works for motorola :D:);)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hey, do you mean it's somehow possible to make a deal in case of locked phone? so how to pay? :roll:

Guest Paraklas

Don't know. One thing that I know is that paying $60+ for unlocking is too much! I haven't found any other website that unlocks mpx220s though.

Guest McHale

luckily, if you are an AT&T or Cingular customer, Cingular is doing it for free. Otherwise, resources are limited on who can do it. This is one reason I like Nokia. :D

-Mc

Guest Paraklas
This is one reason I like Nokia.

Agree! Nokia would flash my previous 6600 free of charge (as long as it was within warranty period - 1 year). And they have 1 service station here on every corner