determining if SPV is SPV, SPV E100?

Guest sikittle

Guest sikittle

Hi,

I have an old SPV which I bought second hand for a development project I'm working on.

However, I'm not entirely sure what model it is.

I'm not familiar with the old lines of SPV. I understand there was an original SPV, then an SPV E100 which was very similar to the SPV, then an E200.

Can I find which I've got - SPV or E100 - by the serial number at all?

And also, does anyone know where I'd be able to find detailed specifications and differences between all the different models? Such as, what size storage card they can each take, etc - little details like that.

Info and detailed specs on the old SPV's seems harder and harder to find.

Many thanks

Simon Kittle

Guest Alex_le_brit

This

spv.jpg

is an SPV, also known as an HTC Canary

This

orange-spve100-large.gif

is an e100 also known as an HTC Tanager

They both run Smartphone 2002, and as far as I know are pretty much identical. Cynics say that Orange rushed the SPV to market and then ironed out the bugs with the e100.

This

orange-spve200-large.gif

is an e200 also known as an HTC Voyager and it runs Windows Mobile for Smartphone 2003.

I'm intrigued to knwo what you're thinking, as I'm an SPV classic owner and am always sad to see that no-one's bothering to develop things for it anymore.

Guest sikittle

heya,

thanks for that.

really useful.

You don't happen to know about storage card limits do you? I read on the boards that various people have had even 1 Gb SD's working in the E200, while others have had trouble getting 256 or 512 cards to read and write properly.

But I can't find much info on the SPV.

As for the develoment project - it's actually not a commercial project or anything. I'm just planning on building a car GPS tracking system for my car, based on the SPV - sounds crazy probably.

I work for a software company which develops GPS solutions and I've got a bunch of old hardware - I read that poeple have got many a serial GPS to work with the E200 and I'm hoping the same will be true of the SPV.

That's all!

- Simon

This

spv.jpg

is an SPV, also known as an HTC Canary

This

orange-spve100-large.gif

is an e100 also known as an HTC Tanager

They both run Smartphone 2002, and as far as I know are pretty much identical. Cynics say that Orange rushed the SPV to market and then ironed out the bugs with the e100.

This

orange-spve200-large.gif

is an e200 also known as an HTC Voyager and it runs Windows Mobile for Smartphone 2003.

I'm intrigued to knwo what you're thinking, as I'm an SPV classic owner and am always sad to see that no-one's bothering to develop things for it anymore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>