Fun MPX220 BUGS!

Guest Connor00

Guest Connor00

Anyone noticing a few interesting bugs such as the phone randomly shutting off and the ever noticable clock randomly cycling to 4 hours into the past? Also I noticed that i am often getting the error "unable to anwser call" when using call waiting. And the last bug for my perfect $500 phone the irratic internet access? anyone know any solutions...does the new ROM aid?

Guest arogntbastrd
Anyone noticing a few interesting bugs such as the phone randomly shutting off and the ever noticable clock randomly cycling to 4 hours into the past? Also I noticed that i am often getting the error "unable to anwser call" when using call waiting. And the last bug for my perfect $500 phone the irratic internet access? anyone know any solutions...does the new ROM aid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

your phone has become the victim of what is called in techno jargon "a demonic possession." a priest and some holy water should knock that right out. (personally haven't experienced any of those problems, sorry)

Guest hamsammich

I haven't run into those issues yet, but the most annoying "bugs" to have surfaced with mine includes 1) the external display will sometimes not turn off until I cycle the phone off and then on 2) my background image disappearing, and my battery indicator suddenly going to half charge (fresh off the charger AND at "full" at that point)...only to reset back to a full meter when the phone is cycled off and then on again.

Don't get me wrong, I love the functionality of this phone, but having to turn it off and on all the time is REALLY annoying me!

:evil:

My little list op 'funny' BUGS:

- Phone suddenly shuts off,

- Bat. indicator for no reason at half the charge, going back to full...to half...to almost empty...and back to full again.

- Clock in the display sometimes freezes while playing music in MediaPlayer (The internal clock just keeps working like it should.)

- Inserted the headphone....got the headphone-profile....started a call. Call went through the speaker.

- When using a security-code to lock the phone after a certain time: Connect the phone using ActiveSync. ActiveSync says there is a security-code...I insert the code. Get the message that the code is wrong. Disconnect my phone. Phone is suddenly locked and my security-code doesn't work anymore. Need to get the bat. out of the phone to be able to use the phone again.

- Sometimes the whole phone freezes when inserting new contacts, typing a text message, etc.

- Few minor other problems. Although these problems are annoying I still like the phone. But I DO hope that Motorola will solve these problems with software/ROM updates.

Guest Chaser81
your phone has become the victim of what is called in techno jargon "a demonic possession." a priest and some holy water should knock that right out. (personally haven't experienced any of those problems, sorry)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can just see this... "Congratualations, your phone is no longer possessed.... Bad news is, you water damaged it so you still have to buy a new one!"

Guest JLang

I've had the phone shutting off bug, but may have solved it, and this may also be a solution for those of you with battery remaining troubles (haven't seen that one)...

Try putting a small piece of paper, folded several times, at the bottom to wedge the battery up into the contacts. Mine hasn't shut off unexpectedly since I did that.

The bug that's been bugging me lately is having it lock up when disconnecting from an IR activesync... since there's no way to tell it to expect to disconnect if I don't go out of activesync on the phone before I do it often locks up.

Then there's the randomly not being able to be heard on calls (placed and received) bug, and lately I've been getting a lot of echo back of my own voice on calls... grr... I've also had the time be majorly off, but it was correct after rebooting (only once so far)... MS needs to make it able to get network time...

It is only a $300-$500 phone, I guess we shouldn't expect so much out of it at such a bargain rate! :roll:

Guest nickschaefer1980

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As far as the clock randomly turning back four hours, I think I may be able to help you. Check your "Date and Time" settings in your phone and look at "Time Zone". Check to be sure that you have the phone set to YOUR time zone. I live in Louisiana which is in Central time, so under time zone, my phone is set to GMT-6 Central US. I hope this helped you as it worked for me!!!

Guest Imacellphone

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL!! :twisted:

Yeah that definitely sounds a little weird to me....perhaps the best thing you can do at this point is just contact motorola since i dont think those problems are listed in their Q&As. im sure they could help you if you cant do it on your own.