PC unable to detect Smart Amazing Phone

Guest Xarrian

Guest Xarrian

Hi!

I would just like to ask an opinion. My Smart Amazing Phone is intermittently being detected in my PC. Btw, it is connected thru USB. I do know that it is not a USB Port problem since i'm able to use my webcam on any USB slot. I'm using the same cable connection that came with the phone. Im able to charge the phone without any problems but most often than not the phone is not being detected by Win XP. I tried looking in device manager and it is not detected there. I tried scan for HW changes and it still does not detect it. I've tried to use the connection manager on active sync and it detects COM1 and USB but not the phone? Is this a known case with Smart Phones? Any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

X

Hi!

I would just like to ask an opinion. My Smart Amazing Phone is intermittently being detected in my PC. Btw, it is connected thru USB. I do know that it is not a USB Port problem since i'm able to use my webcam on any USB slot. I'm using the same cable connection that came with the phone. Im able to charge the phone without any problems but most often than not the phone is not being detected by Win XP. I tried looking in device manager and it is not detected there. I tried scan for HW changes and it still does not detect it. I've tried to use the connection manager on active sync and it detects COM1 and USB but not the phone? Is this a known case with Smart Phones? Any insights will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

X

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How many USB devices connected to your PC? Or do you use a USB Hub? I experienced the same problem when I tried to connect more than what my motherboard can support using a USB hub. Try disconecting your other USB device leaving only the USB cable of your SAP.